DCI Southwestern Championship (San Antonio) - Saturday, July 20, 2019

2 minutes ago, Musicman1084 said:

This is literally the only part of the BD show I don't like. The tapping. Just ... why?

Innovation 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, jasgre2000 said:

I liked the k-pop too. Haha. Maybe I’m just weird.

The GOT7 song did not work at first for me, but it did eventually grow on me, as did the rest of that show for that matter.

• Like 2

Scary thing is BD has room to clean and may win tonight, if not, good chance they will at Finals.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Musicman1084 said:

And substantially less disruptive than some others this year.

Yes! I don’t mind voice over or singing if it is well integrated. BD and BK do a good job, but most corps are absolutely terrible at it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

It feels like SCV tried to recreate last year’s magic. The props and the tarps are just WAY TOO MUCH. It’s so hard to watch the show when the field is so dang busy. In contrast, the Bluecoats have done an amazing job with color and design and using that design to draw the eye to certain parts of the field. 

The only thing about the Bluecoats show that I don’t like are the stages with those weird backdrops.

Alright. BD is absolutely gorgeous in sound and look.  It's going to be majestic come seasons end.  But...it's not grabbing me like Bloo's show yet.  Granted it's my second read and a totally different show than last read, I mean the guard didn't even have work for sections in the first read I had of them.

• Like 1