DCI Southwestern Championship (San Antonio) - Saturday, July 20, 2019

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

🙌🙌 I’ve ran out of reactions! 

I saved mine for now!

2 minutes ago, ajlemm said:

Blooo wins this one. They’re the only group at the top that made me tear up. 

Hmmmm sounds like allergies to me...try blowing your nose!

• Haha 4

It will be even closer than last night between Bloo and BD, IMO. Bloo has better GE, but they had a bit of a rougher run tonight, particularly in brass, which has been a frontrunner for the Ott award. They left the door open for Crown to take that caption tonight. Meanwhile, BD is cleaner and more consistent. I think they take at least one visual caption, if not the overall category.

Some other opinions:

- Crown will be less than a point from SCV

- Cavaliers will be less than a point from BAC

- Blue Stars and Blue Knights will both beat Cadets, with the former nabbing 7th

- Phantom will be less than a point from either Crossmen or Mandarins (depending on who gets 11th; it's been a tossup lately)

• Like 4

I think Steve Rondinaro’s phrase “This place is electric” would apply this evening in San Antonio.  These corps were on fire and brought it.  A big thank you to all the corps.  What an exciting evening.

• Like 8

As an SCV partisan, I want them to win. But I think it will be Bloo.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Really hoping PR beats the Mandarins. 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I love SCV's show, but I really dislike the giant tarps. On Flo, it was reflective and over exposed and hard to look at. Why???? they already had so much on the field already. More visual clutter.

I think their music this year is superior to last year, actually. Maybe not the whole show, but the music for sure, IMHO 

And I love BD's little shoe feature; I think it's witty and fun. I wish Flo had shown it. I like their props a lot. They use them in so many ways; someone over there is very clever!

The Bluecoats are so good and so much fun to watch and listen to. I would like to see such a pleasing show win DCI. I love it when watching drum corps is FUN!

The Crossmen have one of my favorite shows this year too. Engaging from beginning to end. Go Crossmen!

Some corps' reliance on super heavy, loud amplified bass is truly unfortunate. It's a bummer when it's louder than the horn line, bah.

Edited by Xena45
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

- Crown will be less than a point from SCV

- Cavaliers will be less than a point from BAC

- Blue Stars and Blue Knights will both beat Cadets, with the former nabbing 7th

- Phantom will be less than a point from either Crossmen or Mandarins (depending on who gets 11th; it's been a tossup lately)

Almost none of these will be correct

• Like 1
  • Haha 1