DCI Southwestern Championship (San Antonio) - Saturday, July 20, 2019

The mesquite show will be interesting. Bloo vs BD without SCV. If BD overtakes bloo, they do it in this show. If not, its hard to imagine that first and second gap closing any farther than .2

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, cfirwin3 said:

Nonsense... this could happen to any one of these corps.  The goal is to be no worse than 1-3 in any area when the competition is tight like this.

Not nonsense. Not nonsense at all. BD is already showing signs that they are going to win it all. It’s happening. So, no, no one who goes winless caption wise is going to win finals.

• Haha 2

great night of drum corps -

flo was sub par tonight from my location -

I didn't think top 3 had good runs tonight -

Very happy for Blue Stars -

BAC battery is a box of rocks

Vanguard show is very unpleasing HATE the visual package with the tarps

Devils: come on - you're going to quote past shows and you overlook 86? for that alone you will not win.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

They won the music analysis sub cap...

But yes... They won without winning any single major caption.

I have been saying that this would eventually happen for years.

It's a sign of a wide range of extremely competitive corps.

Has that ever happened before at a Regional or a Final? A corps winning overall but not winning a single major caption. I couldn’t imagine the reactions if this was finals night 🤐 I don’t know if I want to call this a rough night or not for Bloo because that’s still somewhat impressive to do what they just did in the recaps, maybe not the best sign but still....

8 minutes ago, PamahoNow said:

Recaps are all over the map.  Very difficult to get judges judging the SAME thing to agree on anything.

This is EXACTLY what we want recaps to look like this time of year. Too many decades of ordinals matching across the recap. It is rare and nearly impossible to be ranked the same place in every caption. Yes, those that win most likely are great at everything, but such is largely not possible for most corps. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BWise said:

I agree .., BD are back to the same winning formula they have used for years .. whatever you do .. just do it well.  I find the show boring, as I do many of their winning shows, but they know how to collect the points. And that is how you win. Collecting points.. lol. 

Yeah, my money is on BD. Winning GE and topping Bloo in all content sub captions in visual bodes very well for BD, and not so well for Bloo. BD cleans up their brass (which they will likely do) and it’s over.

No one knows how to put it together down the stretch like BD does. Any other corps 0.2 behind me, maybe I’m not so worried. BD 0.2 behind me and I’m terrified.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, OhioBoy_99 said:

Has that ever happened before at a Regional or a Final? A corps winning overall but not winning a single major caption. I couldn’t imagine the reactions if this was finals night 🤐 I don’t know if I want to call this a rough night or not for Bloo because that’s still somewhat impressive to do what they just did in the recaps, maybe not the best sign but still....

No. The closest was 1991 when Star didn’t win a single caption outright, but tied for 1st in three.

• Thanks 1

Just now, queenanne_1536 said:

Not nonsense. Not nonsense at all. BD is already showing signs that they are going to win it all. It’s happening. So, no, no one who goes winless caption wise is going to win finals.

Your point has no logic... When 4-5/6 place corps are winning captions.

BD was 5th in brass of all things.  It's a tough world out there and they aren't running away with anything.  Nobody is.  Nobody has a lead... or any signs of caption dominance.  It just isn't in there.

The ultimate goal right now is to keep every caption as high as possible and see how it washes out.

• Like 3