DCI Southwestern Championship (San Antonio) - Saturday, July 20, 2019

4 minutes ago, BWise said:

Yeah .. GE is an issue for Crown.. and really BAC has similar problems elsewhere (non-GE). You can’t win with only brass but you also can’t win with only a guard. I dont think anyone had a fantastic run tonight .. maybe nerves .. maybe the big indoor  venue .. maybe working on final changes for next week  .. who knows .. 

Cavies has a strong run, so did crown. I think everyone else has more

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, WarriorWay said:

Very stronk

Extremely stronk!

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

It’s doesn’t matter if you think my point has no logic. Did you ever think you think it has no logic because you have the Bluecoats logo as your picture? No corps in the history of the activity has won without winning a caption and it’s not going to happen this year. If Bluecoats win, they will win because they won GE. If they don’t win GE it’s over, because they are not likely to win Brass, Percussion, Music, Visual or Guard. The writing is on the wall. They absolutely have to win GE to win at finals. 

Betting on BD to be 5th in brass at finals is a fools bet. They are the Blue Devils. They finish better than anyone else.

You are the only one prognosticating or jockeying for a favorite.  I am merely doing math.  And I'm telling you that what you saw in the sheets tonight can absolutely happen at finals.  It could be BD that wins no captions and wins the show... It could be SCV, etc.  But the most likely to win without winning a caption is Bluecoats... they are pulling the most consistent high rank across captions.

You are playing this off of historical statistics... But I'm looking at the situation for this season as it is shaping up.

Edited by cfirwin3
  • Like 7

6 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Its a stronk year

The force is stronk with this one

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:
12 minutes ago, Ellaparka said:

I’m not sure why you think the Colts got hosed. I think they were right where they should have been. Academy has a very clean and very nice visual show. Colts visually a bit messy and the props are just poorly constructed. I’m not surprised Academy is moving up. It’s a very nice show.

Sorry, can’t agree with that. Seen them both live and video, and I just can’t see it. Colts have been beating Academy until Denton and the big jump. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ellaparka said:

Sorry, can’t agree with that. Seen them both live and video, and I just can’t see it. Colts have been beating Academy until Denton and the big jump. 

Yep.  Like a miracle. Or something.  😉

13 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Not nonsense. Not nonsense at all. BD is already showing signs that they are going to win it all. It’s happening. So, no, no one who goes winless caption wise is going to win finals.

They haven’t beaten Bluecoats once all season.

• Like 2