DCI Southwestern Championship (San Antonio) - Saturday, July 20, 2019

3 minutes ago, mfrontz said:

Let's also remember who's to blame for this. (Hint, he's not with the corps anymore.)

There are two possible answers to this question, and I won't say either.

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

Yep.  Like a miracle. Or something.  😉

Just don’t get it. Is it the “name game”? Slotting? 🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️ I got nothin...

3 minutes ago, WarriorWay said:

Cavies has a strong run, so did crown. I think everyone else has more

See I’m a total Crown head but to me it looked messy .. sounded great .. but tough night for visual/CG ... just to me. Still my favs and I love the show. 

2 minutes ago, Ellaparka said:

Sorry, can’t agree with that. Seen them both live and video, and I just can’t see it. Colts have been beating Academy until Denton and the big jump. 

We were surprised too! We looked at each other and said Academy beat Colts. Astonished! 

BD's been in scenarios like this before. They know how to close out a season because they have the staff that build them for it. I still think BD will take it in the end 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Terri Schehr said:

I have an idea but It’s best to say nothing

Understood. Just frustrating!!!😡😡😡

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

You are the only one prognosticating or jockeying for a favorite.  I am merely doing math.  And I'm telling you that what you saw in the sheets tonight can absolutely happen at finals.  It could be BD that wins no captions and wins the show... It could be SCV, etc.  But the most likely to win without winning a caption is Bluecoats... they are pulling the most consistent high rank across captions.

Um. No. SCV is my favorite. Always. Therefore, BD is not. So definitely not jockeying because I am not happy with Vanguard’s show this year. I can see past my biases.

They (Devils) have the best show in DCI this year IMO. It may not be my favorite, but I think it best. You may be doing math, but you’re not looking at trends and you’re not looking at content in visual. The overall score spread has been shrinking, BD is winning the content battle in visual (that’s not new) and took GE tonight (that’s new). I think BD will win. Do I think Bluecoats could win? Absolutely, but not without winning GE. That’s all I’m saying. I don’t believe they can win without winning GE at finals. 

I actually like the Bluecoats show better than Devils and Vanguard, and I like Crown’s show the best the best of all. But, from a judging perspective I think Devils have the show that will read the best and be most rewarded with the judges from a visual and GE perspective (toss up with Bloo on GE). If Devil’s take GE and Visual, I don’t see how they can lose, especially if Crown takes Brass and Vanguard takes Percussion. If Crown takes Brass and Vanguard takes Percussion, then I think it’s going to come down to GE, because I do not think Devils will be 5th in Brass at finals.

Edited by queenanne_1536
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1