DCI Southwestern Championship (San Antonio) - Saturday, July 20, 2019

3 minutes ago, tedrick said:

yep - BD design not stronk enough

More specifically, BD's music. (They won GE tonight, so their design is stronk enough.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

They haven’t beaten Bluecoats once all season.

True. Bloo won fair and square. No excuses. They are the better corps until BD beats them. Just remember SCV fans was saying this same thing last month, then BD ran past them like they was going in reverse. Bloo is straight up boss this year. But there is nothing more terrifying than BD in your rearview mirror gaining ground with a 5th place brass. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Telling that SCV wins the music caption, but in 3rs overall.

Has there ever been a time when BD Brass scored 5th since 1975?

Cadets Brass, ouch.

Bloo Bangers score the other night, definitely an anomaly.

24 minutes ago, tedrick said:

Blue Stars Guard though! @BlueStarsDad

5th.

They had a great run .... my daughter said it was so nice not having any wind.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

BD's been in scenarios like this before. They know how to close out a season because they have the staff that build them for it. I still think BD will take it in the end 

Exactly. I don’t know why it seems some can’t see this. They have burned me too many times in the past when I’ve counted them out. I will never do that again. They are the ONE corps you do not want 0.2 behind you at this stage in the game. They are by far the most successful corps, from a competitive standpoint, in this activity. Their staff is proven.

Most dangerous of all?? SCV.. nothing to lose, wining music and likely good changes coming to show. I’d be nervous behind me as much as in front. They are .7 back being 4th in all visual. If that goes up, and it will, even to 3rd, then what? We might have 3 corps within .3 on finals night! Exciting!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Crown still in 4th, but Boston pulled closer, and the Cavies are still a point back.  Hope Jeff P. hasn’t put a curse on Boston’s percussion.   They can’t break 17 and the new quad is still out.  Great flo feed tonight and sounded like the crowd enjoyed the corps.

• Like 2

Just now, trumpetcam said:

Most dangerous of all?? SCV.. nothing to lose, wining music and likely good changes coming to show. I’d be nervous behind me as much as in front. They are .7 back being 4th in all visual. If that goes up, and it will, even to 3rd, then what? We might have 3 corps within .3 on finals night! Exciting!!

I would love that, but I just don’t see them topping Bluecoats or Devils in GE or Visual, so it will be really tough for them to climb out of 3rd. I keep waiting for visual changes and the only thing I’ve gotten is tarps that don’t work IMO.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Newseditor44 said:

It feels like SCV tried to recreate last year’s magic. The props and the tarps are just WAY TOO MUCH. It’s so hard to watch the show when the field is so dang busy. In contrast, the Bluecoats have done an amazing job with color and design and using that design to draw the eye to certain parts of the field. 

Agree wholeheartedly 

When I saw Bluecoats " uniforms ", I thought immediately that if Vanguard had chosen those colors they would score higher...just reading the drill and everything would just *POP*. Vanguard's uniforms are just so drab

IMHO

Edited by pianolover1
  • Like 1