DCI Southwestern Championship (San Antonio) - Saturday, July 20, 2019

28 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

You are the only one prognosticating or jockeying for a favorite.  I am merely doing math.  And I'm telling you that what you saw in the sheets tonight can absolutely happen at finals.  It could be BD that wins no captions and wins the show... It could be SCV, etc.  But the most likely to win without winning a caption is Bluecoats... they are pulling the most consistent high rank across captions.

You are playing this off of historical statistics... But I'm looking at the situation for this season as it is shaping up.

Vanguard came close 1981.  They won visual by .05. Didn't win any other caption awards.

3 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

Not digging the hi-cam camera work tonight.  Yes -- what can you mess up on hi-cam?  What irks me (and I've done some camera work before) is if you need to pan to the left or right to more center the action, please do it slowly.  The same if you need to zoom out to capture the entire field --- so it SLOWLY.  This herky-jerky stuff is not very professional IMHO.  /rant

i got switched by Flo to high cam 4 times tonight...i didn't do anything, they just switched it. it's ####### annoying

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Glenn426 said:

Based on those runs BD should have won tonight,

My wife agreed, 

Brass Judge has got some strong opinions there..

Im sure both BD and Boston will look forward to a new batch of judges next weekend..

How could you tell over s***y Flo? 😋

25 minutes ago, Chief Guns said:

True. Bloo won fair and square. No excuses. They are the better corps until BD beats them. Just remember SCV fans was saying this same thing last month, then BD ran past them like they was going in reverse. Bloo is straight up boss this year. But there is nothing more terrifying than BD in your rearview mirror gaining ground with a 5th place brass. 

Terrifying? Please, this is band.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, trumpetcam said:

Totally agree., But wouldn't you think this design team has what it takes to make changes with three weeks left to fix the show? They could change uniform color and add things, they could give them all a unique look, etc. Plenty you can do easily to pop better off the tarps than changing the whole show. 

I mean, they are still in it with everything you just mentioned, .7 back from first, with unreadable tarps at this point.  That tells me that some tweaks and it just might be a possibility. I get its not a fan favorite again this year, but this is ridiculously talented corps that knows how to win , just like BD. In fact, more recently than BD to be fair.. They are defending champions with a historically good show in Babylon. They can finish just as well as BD, IF they make changes, as we both know that have to at this point. 

I'm just saying that you never know and should not count them out anymore than BD passing Bloo. Gaines, Toth and that design clearly team know what they are doing and I'd be shocked if they couldn't make real changes to the visual program and design that aren't noticeably better in the coming weeks. 

I'd be scared of both Cali corps at this point finishing 1 and 2 and making every Bloo fan livid in the process!

Well yeah, I did say that unless those visual elements change, they're staying put at 4th. They've got to make the changes and they're fully capable, just a matter of whether they're too prideful to back pedal or not 

3 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Terrifying? Please, this is band.

Who am i to argue? Drum Band International it is. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, mfrontz said:

How could you tell over s***y Flo? 😋

Gotta give it to them, The stream was stable for me..

But I made the mistake of watching the Multicam... Nodody on the field holding a camera for FLo or the director choosing the shot changes has ever marched a day in their life.  And they got tired toward the end of the show. 

so many mistakes with graphics, The top 12 scores listed alphabetically instead of by score.. BD B shown as the graphic..

#AmateurHour

• Like 2

Just now, Cappybara said:

Well yeah, I did say that unless those visual elements change, they're staying put at 4th. They've got to make the changes and they're fully capable, just a matter of whether they're too prideful to back pedal or not 

Agree with you. Will be a testament of whether they stay status quo and make the kids simply earn whatever performance level they can and leave it alone. Or, be world class designers and come up with solutions to improve the product. I'd like to think it's the second one. We all know BD will be doing that until Finals night... 

• Like 1

BD 5th in brass?Boston 8th in percussion and Mandarins in 14th? Cadets visual numbers? cadets 13th in brass?

this is going to be a wild season.

• Like 1