DCI Southwestern Championship (San Antonio) - Saturday, July 20, 2019

Re-watching Crown this morning it occurred to me Crowns closer is right out of a Klesh - Hannum  Umass Minutemen Band halftime show feature, a formula they’ve been doing for years. Crowd pleaser but a noticeable drop in the demand of the earlier part of the show.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, PamahoNow said:

I just can't see who can catch them.  Each meeting with Cavies, extends SCV lead over them.  Don't see the momentum, as you might see with BD catching Bloo.

I agree. SCV feels like someone could catch them, but when you look at the recaps, it's hard to see who could do it. A corps that could plausibly win Sanford & Ott is going to be hard to keep out of the medals.

2 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

We just don’t possess your drum corps genius.  Maybe someday.  One can dream.

It’s good to aim for something.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

So now we have to have rings to have an opinion?  What a load of crap. 

I haven't laughed so hard in a long while! Stephan ran out of the bathroom to ask what the he**  am I laughing at? You made by day Queen Bee.  BTW If rings were a requirement, the list of  posters would be greatly reduced. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

I haven't laughed so hard in a long while! Stephan ran out of the bathroom to ask what the he**  am I laughing at? You made by day Queen Bee.  BTW If rings were a requirement, the list of  posters would be greatly reduced. 

No ####. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, ShortAndFast said:

I agree. SCV feels like someone could catch them, but when you look at the recaps, it's hard to see who could do it. A corps that could plausibly win Sanford & Ott is going to be hard to keep out of the medals.

Unless the GE and visual is poor. See Cadets 2015.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Poppycock said:

You misspelled disappear.

• Haha 3

It is interesting that as the San Antonio Regional is dissected by the DCP brain trust, little is being said about BAC now being only .35 behind Crown.  Just two days ago some folks were still saying that Crown was only one point behind SCV and that could easily be made up to medal..  Now comes the Boston Crusaders....now what?  A blind dog with a note in its mouth can see that BAC is moving.  Just like 2018.  Just like 2017.  And, even in 2016, an otherwise tough year, they went from 14th in Allentown to 12th in Semis six days later.  History shows that Boston does, in fact, surge during the last weeks of the season.  Call institutional groupthink, or bunker mentality, or inspiration from what is arguably THE most supportive alumni network anywhere in DCI, but Boston is able to draw strength during the final part of the season. For members of this drum corps, as corny as it may sound to some, being a "Boston Crusader" is a thing. Spending an evening in the Most Precious Blood Church in Hyde Park is a thing.  And having 80 years of alumni who have their back without reservation is a thing.

QueenAnne may not like it, but BAC quite likely  has not yet landed in its final competitive spot yet.  Eat'em Up, Boston!  Keep that accelerator right to the floor guys!

Edited by craiga
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, cfirwin3 said:

Let me put it this way:

1 of 2 corps will likely win GE

1 of 3 corps will likely win Visual

1 of 5/6 corps will likely win Guard

1 of 5 corps will likely win Brass

1 of 6/7... Heck, maybe 8 will win Perc

You name one year in the history of DCI that looks like this?

This scenario is different and it's a long time coming.  You of all people, griping about the separation and consistency of adjudication, should appreciate the situation as being unique... and good for your particular concerns.

But understand that nobody has a tight grip on this.  The objective here is to get all captions consistently high.

1 of 8 will win perc? 🤪

I think you meant 1 of 1.

• Like 1