DCI Southwestern Championship (San Antonio) - Saturday, July 20, 2019

Just now, LabMaster said:

I can go along with that.  I can easily forget about Crown.  

Are you sure ?

• Sad 1

24 minutes ago, 27Socal said:

Have you ever seen a recent world class WGI drumline show?  Doesn't sound like it.  The top lines have members from BD, Cavies, Blue Stars, SCV, etc. The drills are very fast paced and compact.  Difficulty at or above football field level.  Take a look on youtube of Broken City, Pulse, RCC, Music City Mystique.

Case in point. Broken City is made of peeps from Blue Devils, Bluecoats, Blue Knights, etc. The arranger is Mike Jackson, arranger for the Blue Knights and Roger Carter is the caption head who is also the caption head for the Bluecoats.

I can go on and on of other such examples.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BWise said:

I’m one of the crazy synthetic people. Feels like an “Up with the People” performance. .. if folks even remember them  

Humbly submitted. 

I remember Up With People. Was on a Med Cruise in the Navy as a musician. The Chief got tickets and took us to a concert in Athens. They picked him from the audience to sing the theme song. Then they found out we were all Navy musicians  so we all had to stand up and sing -- in Greek. We didn't do half bad. 

Solution to tarp safety issue: bring back high step marching.

You're welcome. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Cappybara said:

She has good taste 

Of course she does.

We actually have a few BD connections with her food truck volunteering with PC being out West and such.  The volunteers driver's son has the sousaphone solo with BD.  And we've known BD's trumpet soloist (previous two seasons) since almost forever.  And I actually liked BD's Burt Bacharach show, but then I'm an old fuddy-duddy.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, year1buick said:

Thanks, Terri. I’m still in the hospital but feeling much better. I really wish I could’ve seen Regiment live— it sounds like they really threw it down last night.

Feel better buddy!

13 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

They certainly did.  

I hope you’ll be back home soon and feeling like your old self. 

That’s great to hear! Hopefully I’ll get to go home tomorrow. I kinda feel bad that I didn’t find anyone who could use my ticket. Early on, before I made the decision to go on to the ER, I’d held on to the (rather irrational) hope that I might still be able to catch part of the show. I’m REALY glad I didn’t try it, LOL. 

• Like 3

Just now, year1buick said:

That’s great to hear! Hopefully I’ll get to go home tomorrow. I kinda feel bad that I didn’t find anyone who could use my ticket. Early on, before I made the decision to go on to the ER, I’d held on to the (rather irrational) hope that I might still be able to catch part of the show. I’m REALY glad I didn’t try it, LOL. 

You made the right decision.  Hope you get to go home tomorrow! 🤗

• Like 1