DCI Southwestern Championship (San Antonio) - Saturday, July 20, 2019

4 minutes ago, theonlyfizzle said:

Cavies is so good. Love this show... The energy is great and you see the pure enjoyment on the MMs. 

Not really directing this to you but overall would anyone really guess what the theme of the show is or what it actually means? 

Cavaliers:

Holy tuba! Gotta love that low brass sound. Ok, as I write and listen to this show, holy every instrument on this field! They sound fantastic!

I don’t think that the visual design is as bad as some are out making it, but I can agree that it isn’t a strength. I’m not enjoying the constant run scatter after what seems like every impact moment. There are some really good visual moments, but quite a few moments that I’m just not quite sure what I should be looking at. Why are we throwing the flag in the middle of the battery, who has been sitting there for quite some time? I do like the uniforms, the props, the whole visual idea, but I just feel like I want something else to balance out this fantastic music! I really enjoy the overall production, the visual just feels a little bit too stagnant. Maybe this show won’t be my most watched on BluRay, but it will definitely be in my 4 for mp3s! 

I’m sure things will become more clear through the coming weeks and the show will become more enjoyable. It usually takes me until the last 2 weeks of the season to really start loving the Cavaliers, as they bring a bit more clarity to their design (and it probably takes me a few more views than my peers to get it 😉 ). I’m excited to see them develop and put on a show in Indy!
  • Like 1

It seems like this is said every season, but I really think Cavies could surge from now until finals.  The show is really coming together and I don’t see any major problems. It’s just polishing from here on out.