DCI Southwestern Championship (San Antonio) - Saturday, July 20, 2019

1 minute ago, Ellaparka said:

Imagine that. Colts get hosed..........yet again. 

I’m not sure why you think the Colts got hosed. I think they were right where they should have been. Academy has a very clean and very nice visual show. Colts visually a bit messy and the props are just poorly constructed. I’m not surprised Academy is moving up. It’s a very nice show.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, WarriorWay said:

12 in GE will keep them where they are most likely 

Dunno if it'll stay that way.  They're really starting to sell the show.  I agree it'll be hard to move up, this year is stacked.  But a push path seems visible 

2 minutes ago, jasgre2000 said:

GE keeping Crown out of the running for now. They need to change something.

That GE score is telling me that Crown better hope for nothing lower than 5th place.

10 hours ago, mjoakes said:

So much to enjoy from Boston. I start to yawn during the My Shot sequence, however.

And that one guard dude spends more time on others’ shoulders than he does on the ground.

That guard dude is my hero.  Totally fell in love with him last year; the entire guard in BAC is amazing and he is freaking incredible.  There is a reason why he is the star of the show.  I only wish that Flo would focus the camera on his performance throughout the show.  I would love to know more about him if anyone has info.

Apologies for sounding harsh, don’t mean to, just love that dude so much!

Edited by Sasha1
Clarify
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Yep, and that’s going to be a HUGE problem for them down the stretch. I think, based on the recap, BD has the clearest path to victory.

I want to see if this becomes more of a trend before I start hitting the panic button. They’re still top 3 in every sub caption and BD is scoring 4th/5th in some sub captions so it’s still very much up in the air. I know it’s gonna be close! 

6 hours ago, Zeke said:

A Major Staff change is what seemed to be needed  and welcomed from the last few seasons of placing outside of Semifinals. I just wasn't aware they took such a hard hit in membership #'s in both the Hornline and Colorguard. Was there a significant increase in tour Fee this year or something? Anyone know?

I think it went up. I'm surprised they didn't pick up any OC kids since they weren't active this year. But, most OC members were coming from Texas anyway. I think they did raise their tuition again to $3800. Hard to fly all that way and pay that much to be placing where they are.

2 minutes ago, queenanne_1536 said:

Yep, and that’s going to be a HUGE problem for them down the stretch. I think, based on the recap, BD has the clearest path to victory.

I agree .., BD are back to the same winning formula they have used for years .. whatever you do .. just do it well.  I find the show boring, as I do many of their winning shows, but they know how to collect the points. And that is how you win. Collecting points.. lol. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, queenanne_1536 said:

The won’t win finals without winning a single caption. 

Nonsense... this could happen to any one of these corps.  The goal is to be no worse than 1-3 in any area when the competition is tight like this.

• Like 1