DCI Southwestern Championship (San Antonio) - Saturday, July 20, 2019

42 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

I wish there was some way to better define GE. It seems as if it’s one of two very different things:

1. The show and the corps technically delivered what it promised. IOW, all the technical expositions fit together.

I'll have the number 2 sir..and hold the mayo!

• Like 1

Just now, waliman4444 said:

I'll have the number 2 sir..and hold the mayo!

The kids pay to have a great experience and should be rewarded when they PERFORM a great SHOW. This should be a live event production for a crowd of people first and foremost. JMHO

• Like 2

Just now, MikeRapp said:

Tarps should be banned from drum corps. I know that sounds harsh but they are a danger to the kids, and are almost always a waste of money.

I was watching on multi cam and I said holy crap.  They’re bunching up under the kid’s feet.  It’s not like they’re spread out on a gym floor. It’s field turf.   

I had one more thing to say but I’d probably get in trouble.  Save it for another day.. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I hope everything is ok. 🤗

Thanks, Terri. I’m still in the hospital but feeling much better. I really wish I could’ve seen Regiment live— it sounds like they really threw it down last night.

• Like 2

Just now, year1buick said:

Thanks, Terri. I’m still in the hospital but feeling much better. I really wish I could’ve seen Regiment live— it sounds like they really threw it down last night.

They certainly did.  

I hope you’ll be back home soon and feeling like your old self. 

• Like 2

Tarps are almost always a lazy creative solution to a problem that comes from an overall failure of design. If you think you need a tarp, then you almost certainly don’t need a tarp.

Less is more, folks.

• Like 1

Boston’s coastline tarp last year was an important part of the design and I’d say it worked really well and it was off to the side so it posed no danger and minimal glare.  

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Tarps are almost always a lazy creative solution to a problem that comes from an overall failure of design. If you think you need a tarp, then you almost certainly don’t need a tarp.

Less is more, folks.

And your championship level design credentials are what exactly? Please list the years you have put a gold medal winning design on the stage in DCI or WGI. We will all wait.

Not trying to be argumentative but people with zero cred making blanket statements like this is pretty dumb.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

And your championship level design credentials are what exactly? Please list the years you have put a gold medal winning design on the stage in DCI or WGI. We will all wait.

Not trying to be argumentative but people with zero cred making blanket statements like this is pretty dumb.

List the gold medal winning shows and tell me how many of them used tarps that kids had to march on.

I’ll wait.

• Like 3