DCI Southwestern Championship (San Antonio) - Saturday, July 20, 2019

1 minute ago, KVG_DC said:

I still wanna figure out how to get more blue on the MMs  Maybe some sort of bib drape for the top?  

Good idea. Lacking that be why that transition to freezing over doesn’t do as much for me as I think bethel intend.

Still, nice show. Last years opener was one of my favorite of 2018. Otherwise, I like this years show better.

Just now, KVG_DC said:

Best Colts show since their new direction after they dropped the narrative heavy shows.  The Dark Side of Oz thing I wasn't a big fan of, but "...And a Shot Rang Out" got me by the end of the year as they got the balance of narration to playing much much better by August.  Poor Trixie!

Loved Johnny Staccato.

2 minutes ago, Candid Insight said:

One of my favorite Colts shows of all time was the Johnny Staccatto show.

Decent concept, medicore design and execution.

I absolutely agree with you that we could use more lightheartedness. But comedy is often harder than tragedy.

1 minute ago, KVG_DC said:

Best Colts show since their new direction after they dropped the narrative heavy shows.  The Dark Side of Oz thing I wasn't a big fan of, but "...And a Shot Rang Out" got me by the end of the year as they got the balance of narration to playing much much better by August.  Poor Trixie!

Jim figured out the OZ show and it made me sad. 

1 minute ago, mjoakes said:

Good idea. Lacking that be why that transition to freezing over doesn’t do as much for me as I think bethel intend.

Still, nice show. Last years opener was one of my favorite of 2018. Otherwise, I like this years show better.

I’ve been told that there’s something in the works. 

1 minute ago, barigirl78 said:

Did anyone else just leave San Diego Comic Con to come back to their hotel to watch drum corps?

It strikes me how today’s drum corps costumes would fit in with Comic Con cosplay.  

I'll be at Mythcon in San Diego in a couple weeks.

(It's a much smaller and more literary event, but lots of fun.)

GO BABY BLUE!!!!  <(

Just now, Terri Schehr said:

Jim figured out the OZ show and it made me sad. 

Yeah, at first it was just a bunch of strangeness, but then when you got into that particular interpretation, it was sort of a downer.

• Like 1

Just now, N.E. Brigand said:

Decent concept, medicore design and execution.

I absolutely agree with you that we could use more lightheartedness. But comedy is often harder than tragedy.

It is a huge risk to try a comedy show.  Few corps have pulled it off well.  Bridgemen and Velvet Knights were successful with it.