DCI Southwestern Championship (San Antonio) - Saturday, July 20, 2019

2 hours ago, Tim K said:

Congratulations on the new arrival and it’s great you are exposing your child to drum corps at an early age. Enjoy it now. Chances are this time next year, your newborn will not be sitting on your lap while the show goes on, and in two years there will be more action in your home than on the field in San Antonio!👶

are you commenting on contemporary visual programs?                                                                                                ...ha, ha, ha?

2 hours ago, xandandl said:

are you commenting on contemporary visual programs?                                                                                                ...ha, ha, ha?

No, not a commentary on drum corps. Anyone who has spent more than one minute with a typical two year old knows there is no matching their energy!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

Don't think it will be nearly as bad as last year, though. I still cannot believe how hot it got in Texas that week...

I recall the stories of the heat in Texas last year, but I just watched the news and checked Weather Underground and there is a show this week that I am attending where the temperature is predicted to be 101 degrees—in Manchester, NH! Not exactly the Deep South. 

• Sad 1

14 hours ago, jeffmolnar said:

Wish I could go. Will have to make do watching Flo with my newborn in my lap.

Congratulations and best to you all.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tim K said:

Congratulations on the new arrival and it’s great you are exposing your child to drum corps at an early age. Enjoy it now. Chances are this time next year, your newborn will not be sitting on your lap while the show goes on, and in two years there will be more action in your home than on the field in San Antonio!👶

10 hours ago, oldsoprano said:

Congratulations on the baby!

16 minutes ago, CorpwithanS said:

Congratulations and best to you all.

2 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Congratulations! 👶 🍼🎊

Thanks. Hopefully she doesn't lose interest as she gets older! I still remember watching the PBS broadcasts with my dad when I was a youngin.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, jeffmolnar said:

Thanks. Hopefully she doesn't lose interest as she gets older! I still remember watching the PBS broadcasts with my dad when I was a youngin.

My son hated drum corps until he saw ‘95 Scouts.   He had to wait four year to march and then he marched nine seasons. 

• Like 3

So of the judges who judged Broken Arrow Last night,

Only 1 judge will be on the Panel for San Antonio, Howell and he will be in a different caption.

This is a subjective thing and the groups at the top are offering such different programs that personal taste will become a factor into judging. And apparently BD's guard had a less than stellar run last night.. 

The season is still young..

On 7/16/2019 at 10:50 AM, jeffmolnar said:

Hey Jeff i have a 17 year old and a 15 year old with sassy attitudes if you want to see what your future holds. I just need you to sign some paperwork that you won't be bringing them back LMAO.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1