DCI Southwestern Championship (San Antonio) - Saturday, July 20, 2019

The orange silks here look fab. 

• Like 1

Nice contra sound!

Just now, EuphoniumDad said:

Can someone explain exactly what "Goo" is? I asked my son who marched last year (and hopes to march next), and he's never heard the term.

I'm looking to complete my DC "lingo bingo" card and can't in good conscience fill this square yet. Thanks! 

When the pit amps are turned up and the keyboard players are leaning on the low bass notes.

• Like 2

Can someone explain exactly what "Goo" is? I asked my son who marched last year (and hopes to march next), and he's never heard the term.

I'm looking to complete my DC "lingo bingo" card and can't in good conscience fill this square yet. Thanks! 

The use of synth bass patch to supplement the tuba sound.

Synth boost to the low brass sound that tends to overpower the actual brass.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, EuphoniumDad said:

when there is too much synthesizer. often in the low (tuba) range and it over powers the nice hornline sound.

The informal letting loose at the end seems a bit jarring but they're hyped.  A much better run than I've seen from them as well.  Some issues to sort out yet but it'll happen.

Okay folks....Academy, Pacific Crest, Colts or SOA.....how do you have them ranked tonight???

Nicely done Academy! You have one of my favorite color schemes, and some of my favorite musical moments this summer!

• Like 2