DCI Southwestern Championship (San Antonio) - Saturday, July 20, 2019

Just now, soccerguy315 said:

hopefully they are aware of the measurements in these 'standard' stadiums on the schedule 

I’m almost positive they know ahead of time, but sometimes the best made plans.... regardless they made it through with a few feet to spare

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Newseditor44 said:

Agreed, defiantly a new (and interesting) experience. Not sure I would do this again. Interested to see what Atlanta is like in the new stadium.

Yea, I never thought I'd say that I've been spoiled by The Oil Can, but, yea, I am.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Newseditor44 said:

I’m almost positive they know ahead of time, but sometimes the best made plans.... regardless they made it through with a few feet to spare

The guy who built those stairs also did props for about 8 world class units - they have all the measurements for access for the tour stadiums

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

A Chromecast is a device that plugs into your TV via HDMI and allows you to cast Chromecast

That sounds like what I need.  Do you have a recommendation for a particular model?

Thanks for the info, I'll pick one up.

1 minute ago, garfield said:

"Wearing the Uniform" will never be the same.

So many kids I've known had their lives changed the moment they put on that uniform they dreamed of wearing.

Now?  You have a very nice band.

I tried to be pretty positive about the Scouts last year. But every time I saw them I thought of the DMs. Here you are drum major for the Madison Scouts, anxious for that classic green and the white Aussie. And then they reveal the red and blue stuff.

Plus, if I recall correctly, the salute last year wasn’t the traditional Madison salute.

3 hours ago, ajlemm said:

So weird. 

It's so weird. I was on Multi-cam, but it was only showing one shot for the last several corps. Then after you said that I switched to high cam, then back to multi-cam, and now it's multiple shots. Oh well. Works now. 

Flo for some reason switches it and can’t fix it 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, garfield said:

"Wearing the Uniform" will never be the same.

So many kids I've known had their lives changed the moment they put on that uniform they dreamed of wearing.

Now?  You have a very nice band.

Most marching bands keep the same uniform for ten years or more at a stretch.

3 minutes ago, F15_22 said:

We broke down and bought an Apple TV a couple years back, which works flawlessly. 

Will the Apple TV let me cast to the Vizio?  I've heard good things about the Apple TV, I just don't watch a lot of TV.  Mostly live sports and Vikings on the History Channel.

Just now, N.E. Brigand said:

Most marching bands keep the same uniform for ten years or more at a stretch.

all the BOA & USB ones around me buy new every year for their show - or heavily adjust them