So - who's winning?  

183 members have voted

1. 1. 2019 Champion Will Be...

• SCV
    • BD
    • Bluecoats
    • Other Corps

6 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Let's not forget "spoiler corps' while BAC may not be in the conversation in the conversation here for Gold, they could well take guard.  Crown may run for the Ott. And, despite the general rise in drum lines, I don't think the Stanford is leaving Santa Clara.

So in a year where a caption or two may be pulled away from the eventual winner by a corps who is down a few slots, the scores could run pretty tight.

This scenario cements the win to the GE leader.  But the GE leader is always the favorite to win due to the plurality of points in that caption.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KVG_DC said:

Let's not forget "spoiler corps' while BAC may not be in the conversation in the conversation here for Gold, they could well take guard.  Crown may run for the Ott. And, despite the general rise in drum lines, I don't think the Stanford is leaving Santa Clara.

So in a year where a caption or two may be pulled away from the eventual winner by a corps who is down a few slots, the scores could run pretty tight.

PS, Crown has been beaten in brass this season by SCV. And Bloo has beaten SCV in brass so I don't think Crown is the de facto favorite for the Ott like they are most years. 

BD and BAC haven't met up just yet so it remains to be seen how guard goes down, BD and BAC have been strong in that caption thus far 

• Like 2

In my opinion Blue Devils will take the win. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Glenn426 said:

So Bluecoats will undoubtedly debut a new ending to the show, so they have that up their sleeve, So concerns about early plateau are quelled there.. The staff will need to make sure they hold that in their pocket until just the right moment, Maybe even as late as Prelims... to maximize its effect.

But BD is innovating where it counts. Visual Design and usage of Props. No one has ever done what they are doing with those props.

At the very top of the GE captions you have to innovate to max out the GE captions and BD is doing just that. The same thing that Bluecoats did in their championship run that separated them from the rest. Also BD's Percussion and Guard are strong enough that they will be either 1st or 2nd in both of those captions. 

Bluecoats will have to do something that hasn't been done in quite a while and innovate in the use of Music to maximize the GE of a show, The difference between BD and Bluecoats visually is significant enough that it will be hard to overcome in the numbers in the end.

Scores from two shows on the same night have Bluecoats up a tenth in Visual Analysis with a guard that has already beat Boston.

The judges are saying that Bluecoats can win Visual this year.

8 minutes ago, Minimaster said:

Scores from two shows on the same night have Bluecoats up a tenth in Visual Analysis with a guard that has already beat Boston.

The judges are saying that Bluecoats can win Visual this year.

With all that data who would argue. :peek:

9 minutes ago, E3D said:

With all that data who would argue. :peek:

I mean is it even worth going into how scores cant be compared across different shows to different panels?

1 minute ago, Glenn426 said:

I mean is it even worth going into how scores cant be compared across different shows to different panels?

No way! That is foolishness. :doh:

21 minutes ago, Glenn426 said:

Well it's more worth considering how the creation of a large margin between the presumed top 3 tonight would require a significant scoring discrepancy to occur.  Either a group will have to make an unusual jump in point acquisition or a group will have to lose point value.

So, given the general scarcity of either of those instances... yes, it is probably safe to assume that the general point values across shows have been reliable to demonstrate that 3 corps are closely contending and captions will be tight.