So - who's winning?  

183 members have voted

1. 1. 2019 Champion Will Be...

• SCV
    • BD
    • Bluecoats
    • Other Corps

3 hours ago, craiga said:

There is much more truth to this than you might think.  After all, the only thing the four corps currently ahead of Boston can possibly accomplish is to do what they have already done...  Medal in and perhaps win DCI.  That's it.  And while that would be a great accomplishment, they are in the fight to maintain (in some cases) years of high achievement.  It is different for Boston.  They are on the cusp of perhaps placing 4th for the first time with the prospect of medaling still well within mathematical possibility.  As we know, there are painfully few corps who can compete with our friends from California.  Boston is now in that category.  They WILL  win a championship...I just can't forecast which year. Exciting time to be a long term BAC fan!

I read somewhere that someone was a bigger homer for Boston than I am. So I wanted to try and stake a claim! :peek: 

I agree with everything you posted. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, E3D said:

I read somewhere that someone was a bigger homer for Boston than I am. So I wanted to try and stake a claim! :peek: 

I agree with everything you posted. 

I won't go into my life's story...just suffice it to say that I joined the corps at the end of the 1979 season, later taught the corps for 6 years(inc the year with 51 total members), visited high schools and colleges to recruit members, worked the food truck, uniform room, housed kids, brought my band students down from Maine, had 12 of them march inc two who became DMs, and never miss a move-in, Spring Fling or local show.  I wear the badge of "HOMER" proudly.  It is the ultimate validation to see them contending after my 40 years of being a HOMER, even before it was fashionable to do so.

Edited by craiga
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, craiga said:

I won't go into my life's story...just suffice it to say that I joined the corps at the end of the 1979 season, later taught the corps for 6 years(inc the year with 51 total members), visited high schools and colleges to recruit members, worked the food truck, uniform room, housed kids, brought my band students down from Maine, had 12 of them march inc two who became DMs, and never miss a move-in, Spring Fling or local show.  I wear the badge of "HOMER" proudly.  It is the ultimate validation to see them contending after my 40 years of being a HOMER, even before it was fashionable to do so.

were you around in 87?

I only wish I would have been around there longer! Only able to march 2 years. Was not from there but am a Homer no doubt. I owe the corps a good deal for life experiences / growing up / friendships etc.

27 minutes ago, E3D said:

were you around in 87?

I only wish I would have been around there longer! Only able to march 2 years. Was not from there but am a Homer no doubt. I owe the corps a good deal for life experiences / growing up / friendships etc.

I taught 83,88,89,90,91 &92

29 minutes ago, craiga said:

I taught 83,88,89,90,91 &92

ruhhhro. I was there for 87 and 88 

I was not an important part but I did get to march none the less. 

7 minutes ago, E3D said:

ruhhhro. I was there for 87 and 88 

I was not an important part but I did get to march none the less. 

Everyone was (and is) important.

4 minutes ago, craiga said:

Everyone was (and is) important.

Thanks and agree. 

Back to this topic, After last night, I say Boston for the win! 

Just a bit of info for you Boston fans....Every corps that placed 5th in the past has won the championship...except for Spirit of Atlanta.

37 minutes ago, NCWVUFAN said:

Just a bit of info for you Boston fans....Every corps that placed 5th in the past has won the championship...except for Spirit of Atlanta.

27th Lancers didn’t win ... but we should have! 

• Like 2

On 7/16/2019 at 12:15 AM, jsd said:

One year. 

Their watered down Beatles show is not going to win (and The Beatles are my favorite rock band of all time, and I really enjoy this show). 

Like I said before, this show looks maxed out, and we are only in July. There is not really any other place to take it. Such is the Bluecoats design team.  

I will take some of this action. Watered down? The hornline? No. But the Coats aren't as loud as their amps say they are and its very annoying.

Edited by FlamMan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1