So - who's winning?  

183 members have voted

1. 1. 2019 Champion Will Be...

• SCV
    • BD
    • Bluecoats
    • Other Corps

1 hour ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

27th Lancers didn’t win ... but we should have! 

Wow, I had forgotten about them, that was back when corps traded wins all season. Think 27th was leading a few years back in your time only to lose in the finals.

2 hours ago, FlamMan said:

I will take some of this action. Watered down? The hornline? No. But the Coats aren't as loud as their amps say they are and its very annoying.

Agreed. The amps are too prominent in the show. 

Let me clarify my "watered down" comment: We have seen all of this before, and and they are bringing nothing new to The Beatles oeuvre. This music is a known commodity, and the arrangements aren't anything out of the ordinary. Visually, they borrow from winter guards past; the black-and-white flags are almost exact copies of Fantasia's from their show "It Was Twenty Years Ago Today", and the throwing up of the "peace" sign continuously is Northern Lights "Meditation: In Memory of John Lennon". 

Is the horn line great? Absolutely. Can it be argued that the show is a "complete package"? Absolutely. Are they doing anything new and interesting with the material? I can argue that they are not, although the inclusion of "Within You Without You" is pretty cool, and well done. 

I just don't see the show growing enough in the last few weeks to beat BD head to head. Then again, I am a HUGE, unabashed BD homer.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jsd said:

I just don't see the show growing enough in the last few weeks to beat BD head to head. Then again, I am a HUGE, unabashed BD homer.

it's already beating BD head to head, and they haven't even added the changes they are currently working on which I hear are fantastic.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bluecoats88 said:

it's already beating BD head to head, and they haven't even added the changes they are currently working on which I hear are fantastic.

Yes. To play Devils advocate- BD is probably also working on adding changes to their show which will also be considered by some to be "fantastic" 

Bluecoats are certainly in the lead for now- and the article on DCI.org certainly praises them for their accomplishments.

This is the first time the Bluecoats beat BD head to head since 2016- so it's certainly another animal than 2017/2018. The other thing the Bluecoats have going for them is that BD is 4th in music currently. 

Because it's BD- I don't think this is over until finals night.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, ThePlanets said:

Yes. To play Devils advocate-

I see what you did there 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ThePlanets said:

This is the first time the Bluecoats beat BD head to head since 2016

The last time Bluecoats beat BD before Tuesday was actually at the Houston (Katy) show last year, 89.725 to 89.65.

6 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

The last time Bluecoats beat BD before Tuesday was actually at the Houston (Katy) show last year, 89.725 to 89.65.

O shoot well DCI.org has that wrong in their Broken Arrow article. Much much slimmer margin at that Katy show anyway.

Edited by ThePlanets
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ThePlanets said:

Yes. To play Devils advocate- BD is probably also working on adding changes to their show which will also be considered by some to be "fantastic" 

Bluecoats are certainly in the lead for now- and the article on DCI.org certainly praises them for their accomplishments.

This is the first time the Bluecoats beat BD head to head since 2016- so it's certainly another animal than 2017/2018. The other thing the Bluecoats have going for them is that BD is 4th in music currently. 

Because it's BD- I don't think this is over until finals night.

yeah the article was wrong, because Bluecoats beat BD last year in Katy Texas.

and no, it is never over until finals night.  we will see if BD can catch Bluecoats or if Bluecoats can do enough to stay on top.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, E3D said:

Have Y'all Figured it out yet?

Nope and don't plan to until finals night