• Bluecoats
    • Other Corps

after last night the Bluecoats.

total season wise: the fans

• Like 5

Jeff Ream    Posted just now

Reply:

Not just last night but go back to Detroit. Bluecoats have "The Show" this year. Simple theme, full field coverage, solid brass line, fans can go away remembering and humming the music. No complicated social messages to their show, just good entertainment. Ray Krock of McDonalds said it best "Keep It Simple, Stupid". I'm not a big fan of Bluecoats. BD and SCV are my corps, but I do love Bluecoats this year. Go Bluecoats, you deserve "Gold" this year.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, E3D said:

"after last night the" Boston Crusaders.

There is much more truth to this than you might think.  After all, the only thing the four corps currently ahead of Boston can possibly accomplish is to do what they have already done...  Medal in and perhaps win DCI.  That's it.  And while that would be a great accomplishment, they are in the fight to maintain (in some cases) years of high achievement.  It is different for Boston.  They are on the cusp of perhaps placing 4th for the first time with the prospect of medaling still well within mathematical possibility.  As we know, there are painfully few corps who can compete with our friends from California.  Boston is now in that category.  They WILL  win a championship...I just can't forecast which year. Exciting time to be a long term BAC fan!

Edited by craiga
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Rich Cline said:

Reply:

Not just last night but go back to Detroit. Bluecoats have "The Show" this year. Simple theme, full field coverage, solid brass line, fans can go away remembering and humming the music. No complicated social messages to their show, just good entertainment. Ray Krock of McDonalds said it best "Keep It Simple, Stupid". I'm not a big fan of Bluecoats. BD and SCV are my corps, but I do love Bluecoats this year. Go Bluecoats, you deserve "Gold" this year.

I had the same spidey sense this year that I had for Downside Up.   

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rich Cline said:

Reply:

Gotta go along with this. 

• Like 1

I'm definitely pulling for Bluecoats this year. Such a fantastic show...and a very gutsy show in my opinion. So beautifully designed. But BD and SCV still scare the heck out of me. Those are fantastic shows, too...and I have been in love with BD's show since the season opened.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rich Cline said:

Reply:

In many ways I do not disagree. But i refuse to rule anything out with delayed additions to endings, and less group think hive mind approach to judging

On 7/15/2019 at 10:08 PM, Jurassic Lancer said:

I remember a good many posters said this in 2016. How did that turn out?

And a many good posters said that in 2017. How  did that turn out?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, queenanne_1536 said:

And a many good posters said that in 2017. How  did that turn out?

Not as well as 2016!

• Like 1