Broken Arrow, OK - Tuesday, July 16, 2019

1 hour ago, Glenn426 said:

If there was ever going to be a show that FLO needed to be at this would have been it. HOW Flo and DCI didn't single this out as the most important show of the season so far and wouldnt think that viewership for this particular would be through the roof is beyond me.

I would venture to say that Periscope links are going to be the prized possession of the night.. 

The Ordinals from these judges will look like a minesweeper board.. 

It is hard to believe flo - dci did not see this or anticipate this. 

Guessing the usual flo supporter or ers will be replying to my post in a few minutes. Got to prop up flo. Tell me how great they are and how rich they are. :help:

1 hour ago, DrumManTx said:

Regardless of how this ends up, may the best corps win.  And remember!  It’s just band.  Last nights scores made this a lot more interesting.  

Times have changed no doubt. Remembering back when that statement might get your teeth knocked in. Also back then many of the Members were not in a High School / College band at all. 

I was lucky to march in a high school band that exposed me to dci. Was able to audition and join a corps. But I tried one rehearsal for college band when I returned from tour. That was all it took for me---- to not be a part of that clown show. :offtopic::soapbox:

sorry for the off topic rant. 

Edited by E3D
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, E3D said:

It is hard to believe flo - dci did not see this or anticipate this. 

Guessing the usual flo supporter or ers will be replying to my post in a few minutes. Got to prop up flo. Tell me how great they are and how rich they are. :help:

Possible that the lesson Flo took away from trying to do Broken Arrow in 2017 (which IIRC was a fiasco on the level of Buffalo 2013 when the stadium crew provided two handheld sideline cameras and a single shotgun mic) was not "do better," but rather "never do Broken Arrow again." Which is silly.

Belton is basically Flo's "home show" (closest show to Austin), so I can understand choosing to sponsor it. And if it's the show you sponsor, you might as well broadcast it. Not saying I agree with their logic, but I can understand the thought process that got them to this scenario.

In the meantime, there's an awful lot of not-Finals=irrelevant in the Belton take, which...ain't a great look, y'all.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, karuna said:

Judges

GE T. Wemhoff  
GE J. Bell #
VP J. Howell  *#
VA W. Chumley  #  
CG J. Sturgeon #    
BR J. Harper    
MA D. Davis #   
PERC J. Prosperie #    

* will judge in San Antonio
# judged finals week 2018

good panel. looking at it, i can only make one guesstimation of who will win any one sheet (well ok 2 if SCV Percussion continues to be the beast they have been)