Broken Arrow, OK - Tuesday, July 16, 2019

11 minutes ago, dureau said:

Ladies and Gentlemen you just  saw the judges do what they always do and spread them out into positions based on what they think the spread should be at this point in the season. It always makes me lose faith in the judging.

Perhaps that’s some of what’s happening, but it’s kind of expected at this point. It’s a subjective judging system and this is the first time all of the top corps have met the same panel. This is exactly where you’d expect each judge to go through and finally decide who they think is really best in their caption. And they should space them out a bit unless they really think two corps are virtually even. This result looks to me like what I would expect.

Congrats Bluecoats. Love your show.  But I also kinda want one of our Bay Area corps to give you at least a good run for your money now 🙂

3 minutes ago, bayareafan said:

Perhaps that’s some of what’s happening, but it’s kind of expected at this point. It’s a subjective judging system and this is the first time all of the top corps have met the same panel. This is exactly where you’d expect each judge to go through and finally decide who they think is really best in their caption. And they should space them out a bit unless they really think two corps are virtually even. This result looks to me like what I would expect.

Congrats Bluecoats. Love your show.  But I also kinda want one of our Bay Area corps to give you at least a good run for your money now 🙂

I am not worried about the rest of the season being hard fought. I expect some back and forth from here on out.

I said this when people were saying BAC to medal and possibly win but tonight's scores confirmed it. The captions that came from Cadets and Crown are still performing at the level they were at. Mcnutt and Gino are amazing but still putting out a 5th placeish line and Crown guard that came over still killing it. Crown/BAC will be interesting to watch. And cadets perc still putting solid numbers to push that music score up. 

• Thanks 1

Is it me or is Cavaliers being really underscored? I don’t think their show should be this far out from potentially medaling. What am I missing?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Is it me or is Cavaliers being really underscored? I don’t think their show should be this far out from potentially medaling. What am I missing?

I saw the show tonight, and I thought they were placed where i expected them to be. Just seemed behind the pack design-wise, especially visually. But I enjoyed it a lot.

• Thanks 1

With the recaps, if you take the rep/cont scores and match it to perf/achv (8.9 to 8.9 or 9.1 to 9.1, etc) it would look like this

BD // GE total: 36.00  // Visual total: 27.00 // Music total: 26.75 // TOTAL: 89.75

BC // GE total: 36.00 // Visual total: 26.6 // Music total: 26.95 // TOTAL: 89.55

I know, I have too much time 🙂 but I found it interesting!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

I dig the high brass arrangements but the show seems predictable and sterile to me.

Yea, I'm not loving this BD show either. As much as I despise how the Bluecoats over-amplify their horns and drums and pump up the bass and goo, I want this Coats show to win.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cfmninjaa said:

Whatever addition or change is made to bloos ending, I just hope it doesnt flop.

posted from the DrumScorps app

Speaking of additions to endings is anyone else expecting goliaths head to come off by finals?

• Haha 1

One thing BD has done well in the previous  three years is produce shows that read close up and in the stands. This is where Bluecoats are utterly demolishing DCI, and this year BD has fallen behind. It just doesn’t work as a show. I love the brass arrangements but overall it’s not compelling.

• Like 2

Ok, as of tonight,  the push is officially in.  It will be highly unlikely that Bluecoats lose finals.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1