Broken Arrow, OK - Tuesday, July 16, 2019

Congrats to Bloo— looks like the season is theirs to lose. BD’s music caption might keep them from challenging for 1st. And SCV’s visual caption might keep them from challenging for 2nd. 

And it seems that Crown might still have a shot at medaling. SCV needs to address their visuals if they want to keep Crown at bay. Oh when will the field their complete show?

Edited by just_another_fanatic
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Does anyone else think that BD's show is basically the same show as the last 3 or 4 years,  just rearranged slightly?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, c.l. said:

Didn’t say they did nor imply? I meant “why would they.”

Good old "strateegery".  Most contending corps rehearse "B" versions of impact points for weeks and then swap them out late.  It's entirely about boosting content and GE scores.

I don't know that Bloo is doing that now, but I know that they usually do (as do the rest).

Edited by cfirwin3

1 hour ago, corps8294 said:

I just saw the scores. Blue Stars...ouch.

?

7 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

One thing BD has done well in the previous  three years is produce shows that read close up and in the stands. This is where Bluecoats are utterly demolishing DCI, and this year BD has fallen behind. It just doesn’t work as a show. I love the brass arrangements but overall it’s not compelling.

One of the most memorable and powerful designed sequences in drum Corps history, in my opinion, is the whirlpool scene two years ago in the tempest. Even after watching that a dozen times I got choked up. It was so beautiful, so powerful, and so perfect to tell the story.

I keep wanting a moment like that in this year’s blue Devils show, something that makes a big emotional impact. It just never happens.

Edited by MikeRapp
  • Like 1