VP J. Howell  *#
VA W. Chumley  #  
CG J. Sturgeon #    
BR J. Harper    
MA D. Davis #   
PERC J. Prosperie #    

* will judge in San Antonio
# judged finals week 2018

Holy ####! I just found about FrontEnsemble.com That's pretty bad ### Great tool to see where the judges tendencies lie.. 

gonna look up Torchia to confirm what I believe to be her tendencies.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, E3D said:

It is hard to believe flo - dci did not see this or anticipate this. 

Guessing the usual flo supporter or ers will be replying to my post in a few minutes. Got to prop up flo. Tell me how great they are and how rich they are. :help:

I am sure they did. Hasn't Broken Arrow been the site of many technical glitches in past Flo attempts to broadcast there?

15 minutes ago, ftwdrummer said:

Possible that the lesson Flo took away from trying to do Broken Arrow in 2017 (which IIRC was a fiasco on the level of Buffalo 2013 when the stadium crew provided two handheld sideline cameras and a single shotgun mic) was not "do better," but rather "never do Broken Arrow again." Which is silly.

Belton is basically Flo's "home show" (closest show to Austin), so I can understand choosing to sponsor it. And if it's the show you sponsor, you might as well broadcast it. Not saying I agree with their logic, but I can understand the thought process that got them to this scenario.

In the meantime, there's an awful lot of not-Finals=irrelevant in the Belton take, which...ain't a great look, y'all.

my thoughts on BA as well.

I wonder if the the Flo marching sponsorship of the Belton show was known to the corps in their choice of what show to perform at and a conscious decision was made by the corps to perform at the Denton show in defiance of FLO.

these Texas shows have historically been split up evenly to ensure a good draw at each show.

There is an obvious disparity between the two shows this year.

6 minutes ago, ftwdrummer said:

I went back and looked to check my recollection...Broken Arrow 2017 was the show where sound didn't come on until a minute into BD's show.

there were several issues that evening if i recall....DCI even had to release a statement about it

26 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

I am sure they did. Hasn't Broken Arrow been the site of many technical glitches in past Flo attempts to broadcast there?

:master:

41 minutes ago, ftwdrummer said:

In the meantime, there's an awful lot of not-Finals=irrelevant in the Belton take, which...ain't a great look, y'all.

I wasn't necessarily saying that the Belton show wasn't worth watching at all, but compared to Denton that same night, it's a bit of a let-down, especially considering that those two shows used to have around 10 corps each as opposed to 13 at Denton vs. 6 at Belton this year.