Broken Arrow, OK - Tuesday, July 16, 2019

18 minutes ago, Glenn426 said:

I wonder if the the Flo marching sponsorship of the Belton show was known to the corps in their choice of what show to perform at and a conscious decision was made by the corps to perform at the Denton show in defiance of FLO.

these Texas shows have historically been split up evenly to ensure a good draw at each show.

There is an obvious disparity between the two shows this year.

Treading on thin ice man. I mean flo are protected around these parts. 

44 minutes ago, ftwdrummer said:

Possible that the lesson Flo took away from trying to do Broken Arrow in 2017 (which IIRC was a fiasco on the level of Buffalo 2013 when the stadium crew provided two handheld sideline cameras and a single shotgun mic) was not "do better," but rather "never do Broken Arrow again." Which is silly.

Belton is basically Flo's "home show" (closest show to Austin), so I can understand choosing to sponsor it. And if it's the show you sponsor, you might as well broadcast it. Not saying I agree with their logic, but I can understand the thought process that got them to this scenario.

In the meantime, there's an awful lot of not-Finals=irrelevant in the Belton take, which...ain't a great look, y'all.

Denton is not exactly that far away. 

in the meantime and by the way I did not make an "Belton take" which you placed in your reply that contained my quoted post.  

20 minutes ago, Glenn426 said:

I wonder if the the Flo marching sponsorship of the Belton show was known to the corps in their choice of what show to perform at and a conscious decision was made by the corps to perform at the Denton show in defiance of FLO.

these Texas shows have historically been split up evenly to ensure a good draw at each show.

There is an obvious disparity between the two shows this year.

I think part of it is that the Denton show got moved to a much bigger venue this year (UNT's Apogee Stadium), which drew a lot of corps that wanted to experience a bigger crowd and a higher vantage point for the box judges. Meanwhile, the Belton show is at a high school stadium.

6 minutes ago, E3D said:

Denton is not exactly that far away. 

in the meantime and by the way I did not make an "Belton take" which you placed in your reply that contained my quoted post.  

I think people can read that it wasn't mentioned there, but was mentioned in the thread as a whole, which is why I commented on it.

Denton is far enough away that it's not a local show. Saying Denton's close enough to be a local show for an Austin based thing is travel-time-wise saying that a Philadelphia show is a local thing for someone in DC.

1 minute ago, ftwdrummer said:

I think people can read that it wasn't mentioned there, but was mentioned in the thread as a whole, which is why I commented on it.

Denton is far enough away that it's not a local show. Saying Denton's close enough to be a local show for an Austin based thing is travel-time-wise saying that a Philadelphia show is a local thing for someone in DC.

The traffic is much different and the scenery is allot different for sure. You do have to deal with not much in the way of scenic views and do have to pass through waco. The drive is way better compared to the east coast. 

Denton not being a "local show" is a fact but it is much better than Belton. 

48 minutes ago, E3D said:

Treading on thin ice man. I mean flo are protected around these parts. 

• Haha 1

So hard to predict this show. The top three are as evenly matched as I think I'll ever see.

Predictions:

1st: Bloo - 89.600

2nd: BD - 89.450

3rd: SCV - 89.000

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, E3D said:

The traffic is much different and the scenery is allot different for sure. You do have to deal with not much in the way of scenic views and do have to pass through waco. The drive is way better compared to the east coast. 

Denton not being a "local show" is a fact but it is much better than Belton. 

Can confirm; Denton was basically my home show in high school/college (grew up in Fort Worth).