How do the Cadets right the ship?

1 minute ago, jeffmolnar said:

They don't need to do anything.

They might want to avoid anyone who had association with Hop just to avoid any potential controversey.

then half of the activity is out

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Jeff Ream said:

then half of the activity is out

There's still a lot more spotlight on The Cadets themselves.

I wouldn't blame their administration if they just didn't want the potential headache.

1 minute ago, jeffmolnar said:

There's still a lot more spotlight on The Cadets themselves.

I wouldn't blame their administration if they just didn't want the potential headache.

Unless you know they were involved, who gives a ####? Just get who can best help the organization ( provided they pass all of the required background checks)

Edited by Jeff Ream

6 minutes ago, jeffmolnar said:

They don't need to do anything.

They might want to avoid anyone who had association with Hop just to avoid any potential controversey.

The only controversy is what people on here seem to be manufacturing. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Unless you know they were involved, who gives a ####? Just get who can best help the organization ( provided they pass all of the required background checks)

I agree (they should get Gino at any price), but it also wouldn't be insane of them to want to focus on newer talent that didn't have such a close relationship with Hop.

4 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

The only controversy is what people on here seem to be manufacturing. 

...that's what people do, though. That's exactly why they might choose to avoid people who had that level of personal involvement with Hop.

You wishing that people wouldn't do it isn't going to stop people from doing it.

• Thanks 1

I am confused. 

What’s wrong with The Cadets?

it’s funny that when they were in 5th or 6th,   Fans were unhappy they weren’t higher. Now, they are lower than that and they’d be thrilled to be 5th or 6th.  

There’s a lesson there. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1) STOP doing social justice shows despite your recent woes. 2) Get a design team that does much better planning, organization, overall execution of the design process- scope and sequence than we have seen this year, and last year to some degree, though last year's show was MUCH BETTER CONSTRUCTED!!! 3) Realize it is the perfect time to reinvent yourselves while keeping some traditions/isms that will allow the community to say- "yeah, that seems a Cadet inspired show". 4) Realize this year's show, that I predict will fall a few more placements this season before all is said and done, will not attract a lot of new and highly skilled talent, making the early planned, thoughtfully mapped out, and seamless winter time show design all the more important. 

That said, this show has its moments. The opening is stately and when executed well, is pure class. The percussion section is particularly good, especially the drumline. The brass moment in the Ginastera on the stairs is amazing when it fires on all cylinders. The guard has some ver musical writing. The full tutti ensemble music statements are fantastic. While this all isn't enough these days to stay in the top seven or eight, it doesn't mean the corps is not good or that the members do not deserve a great summer. I hope they hold their heads up every day and that the design team continues to tweak the show for the better. 

Edited by cadetzoid
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, jeffmolnar said:

I agree (they should get Gino at any price), but it also wouldn't be insane of them to want to focus on newer talent that didn't have such a close relationship with Hop.

...that's what people do, though. That's exactly why they might choose to avoid people who had that level of personal involvement with Hop.

You wishing that people wouldn't do it isn't going to stop people from doing it.

And you wishing they would doesn't mean they are going to do it.