How do the Cadets right the ship?

2 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

And you wishing they would doesn't mean they are going to do it. 

He doesn't seem to be wishing anything 

1 minute ago, jeffmolnar said:

Quote me where I said I wished they would. I’ll wait.

You can wait all night for all I care. The conversation about getting rid of Tom is a non-sequitur and I don't see the need for you or others to keep hounding it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2000Cadet said:

You can wait all night for all I care. The conversation about getting rid of Tom is a non-sequitur and I don't see the need for you or others to keep hounding it. 

Translation: “Oops.”

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, 2000Cadet said:

:poke:

9 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

Well I am. People underestimate the power Gino has to motivate. I mean just listen to Boston. They are doing incredibly well. He came to us in 2000 and change the vibe of the entire corps. I would LOVE for Cadets to have Gino back, but I don't see that happening as it looks as though he is happy with Boston. I am happy for him. 

This is such a ridiculous statement. Punish Tom because of the actions of his boss at the time? So if you had a friend who committed a crime, should you also be held to blame because you were friends with him? 

You're correct. The statement about Tom Aungst is ridiculous!

I was reintroduced to drum corps in 1982 after watching the pbs broadcast (or tape delayed..I forget which)..the drill that the cadets displayed blew me away!!But the thing that really got me hyped was the MUSIC they played..when they make good, cohesive , musical choices I"m fine...it seems that the drill precedes the music (in importance) and because of that the now famous "chopping" of music and licensing issues have made the MUSIC compromised..I was raised on St.Kevins, Skyliners, Hawthorne, Royal Aires, BAC,Blessed Sac and yes the Garfield Cadets..So forgive me for waxing nostalgic, but the MUSIC will always be the reason I support drum corps....Blooooo gets it!!..Cadets can also..IMHO

• Like 2

9 hours ago, 2muchcoffeeman said:

Not saying that even the most accomplished corps don't have their issues, but I hope I can be forgiven for saving the rending of my garments for corps truly struggling to get their kids on the field from year to year. 

I see what you did there.

11 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

Well I am. People underestimate the power Gino has to motivate. I mean just listen to Boston. They are doing incredibly well. He came to us in 2000 and change the vibe of the entire corps. I would LOVE for Cadets to have Gino back, but I don't see that happening as it looks as though he is happy with Boston. I am happy for him.

I am, too.

He's done amazing work with his DCI and DCA corps.