How do the Cadets right the ship?

11 hours ago, exitmusic said:

Some of the best instructors and designers in the business are "Golden Age" Cadets and are working with other groups. Why is that? Because no one wanted to work for GH. GH is gone.

YEA needs to decide that it's time for these folks to come home. Staffs win championships. Our championships also created great staffs... for other corps.

Namely:

• Bluecoats' visual co-caption heads (yes, both)
  • Bluecoats' brass caption head
  • Vanguard's guard caption head
  • Boston's brass arranger
  • Boston's artistic director
  • Boston's drill designer
  • (About half of the rest of Boston's staff)
  • Crown's drill designer
  • Crown's brass arranger
  • Crown's percussion ensemble coordinator
  • (About half of Crown's visual staff)
  • Phantom's brass caption head
  • Etc, etc.

Bluecoats percussion arranger Tom Rarick also marched Cadets.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

I actually look at their relative success competitively these days as a minor miracle given the upheavals behind the scenes in the last two years. Not sure there's anything to be 'righted' just now except for them, as an organization, to continue to focus on stabilizing their finances and personnel, and provide the members with a safe, productive summer. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, jeffmolnar said:

I agree (they should get Gino at any price), but it also wouldn't be insane of them to want to focus on newer talent that didn't have such a close relationship with Hop.

...that's what people do, though. That's exactly why they might choose to avoid people who had that level of personal involvement with Hop.

You wishing that people wouldn't do it isn't going to stop people from doing it.

to date, you are the only person I have seen make an issue of someone from Cadets past with a monster pedigree in the activity coming back to be involved. Given TA is a school teacher, I'd have to imagine he's pretty squeaky clean. 

1 hour ago, xandandl said:

Bluecoats percussion arranger Tom Rarick also marched Cadets.

I actually marched in the Reading Buccaneers snare line with Tom Rarick's father. And I remember well when Rarick marched in Cadets...they were some great years with the Cadets!

24 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

to date, you are the only person I have seen make an issue of someone from Cadets past with a monster pedigree in the activity coming back to be involved. Given TA is a school teacher, I'd have to imagine he's pretty squeaky clean. 

To you as well, quote me where I did that. I haven’t made an issue of anything. I just responded to people who seemed dumbfounded about why others might make an issue out of it.

Reading really isn’t that difficult.

• Thanks 1

C’mon people. How to right the ship?

1) cut out the cancer. Done

2) AND the surrounding tissue. Done 

3) replace with good people. Done

4) BE PATIENT

• Like 7

Can some one message me? Did I miss something?

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, HockeyDad said:

C’mon people. How to right the ship?

1) cut out the cancer. Done

2) AND the surrounding tissue. Done 

3) replace with good people. Done

4) BE PATIENT

####. you're being logical. and i have said the same thing for months. DCP has now reached critical mass

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dans said:

I actually marched in the Reading Buccaneers snare line with Tom Rarick's father. And I remember well when Rarick marched in Cadets...they were some great years with the Cadets!

Was the father also named Tom? Rode with some older members to Westshoremen practices when corps got back together in 1974 and remember the name.