How do the Cadets right the ship?

5 hours ago, Musicman1084 said:

Up next, on the DCP nightly news:

DCPer calls out DCPer with regards to her defense of her generation, while subject continues to post on DCP with an avatar of one of the activity's most progressive corps.

I'm not going to go back and read 20 pages, but I feel like I've missed a party. Are we still talking about the Cadets? 🙂

So tedious...

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Sideways said:

So tedious...

wrong podcast

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

people complained in 91 when SCV covered the field with a giant Communist flag 

Yes, a People's Republic of Vietnam Flag. They did take Saigon in '75... and as indicated in the show, out we went on the copters. 

Effect can hit a raw nerve, and in this case it most certainly did.

12 hours ago, George Dixon said:

so many? they literally took it out the next day. I must have missed the protest and online petition of tens of thousands 

You’re right. It probably didn’t take many people at all. Just the judges and some key people who finally got to see the show in front of an audience. That the design team were so blind as to how cringeworthy it was to begin with and never should have gotten past the “hey, what do you think about this idea” stage is the larger and more alarming concern the way I see it. 

13 minutes ago, seen-it-all said:

You’re right. It probably didn’t take many people at all. Just the judges and some key people who finally got to see the show in front of an audience.

Clearly the design team isn’t firing on all cylinders. But this topic has been beat to death. This entire “how do Cadets right the ship” topic is so obvious- they hire better designers and staff the next few off seasons while they continue to strengthen the organization financially. There’s no mystery to it. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

Clearly the design team isn’t firing on all cylinders. But this topic has been beat to death. This entire “how do Cadets right the ship” topic is so obvious- they hire better designers and staff the next few off seasons while they continue to strengthen the organization financially. There’s no mystery to it. 

I think the problem here is the thread title is wrong. It has everyone arguing over whether the ship is righted (it is). I think a better title is - what will it take to win another championship. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, BigW said:

You could be right. I think in these times maybe people just want to be entertained, not feel like they are being preached to or lectured at a contest.

I think you can watch shows with different points of view. You can watch this Cadets show and be entertained by a power struggle story line without knowing the tribulations of the Cadets the last couple years. You can watch the Regiment show and be entertained by a Joan of Arc story line without knowing that the designers had a women empowerment motivation. 

There was plenty of outrage a couple years ago with the Crown show, where the main character shows forgiveness at the end. "STOP TRYING TO BE PC!" said the typical folks, when you could've just viewed that show with the perspective of "wow, they changed up the ending and took us a different way." 

I think you choose to be entertained.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

thanks George, you made my point!

But, who will be hiring these better designers and staff? The one who put this team in place? The same one who allowed them to dismantle themselves during Spring training?

3 minutes ago, Algernon said:

thanks George, you made my point!

But, who will be hiring these better designers and staff? The one who put this team in place? The same one who allowed them to dismantle themselves during Spring training?

Denise Bonfiglio hopefully (if they can keep her!)

• Like 1