How do the Cadets right the ship?

17 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

History tells us that removing a dictator doesn’t mean the government and esp population just magically morph into a healthy society. It usually creates chaos. You are asking people who shrunk in the shadow of a tyrant to suddenly walk upright with confidence. 

Cadets need a strong leader who is also empathetic and can manage a seven figure budget. And who knows dci inside out. And who wants to live in allentown.

Thats a tough ask.

The way the corporation is constructed, The financial end seems to be running well and trying to get things properly squared away. There's not the panicked  cry for money, money, and more money as in the past.

I've known Scott for at least 35 years. Empathy, you bet. Thoughtful, you bet. Willing to delegate that budget to someone who can manage it well? You bet.  If anyone can get the corps to walk with confidence, he can. I'd go through a wall for him. I say that about very few people in this activity.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, BigW said:

The way the corporation is constructed, The financial end seems to be running well and trying to get things properly squared away. There's not the panicked  cry for money, money, and more money as in the past.

I've known Scott for at least 35 years. Empathy, you bet. Thoughtful, you bet. Willing to delegate that budget to someone who can manage it well? You bet.  If anyone can get the corps to walk with confidence, he can. I'd go through a wall for him. I say that about very few people in this activity.

Thank you!

On 7/20/2019 at 3:02 PM, George Dixon said:

No one is saying that. Staff coordinator would be involved in hiring for example 

Based on a conversation I had with a Cadet parent at the OC show in Manchester, NH last night, a parent who has some concerns but not nearly to the extent as some posting in this thread, a big name would be ideal for design, but big name or not, someone who can bring people together is critical. My guess is that this would be Denise Bonfiglio’s specialty, and will be of value as staff coordinator.  I’ve only met her socially, usually at shows where I am probably singing the praises of 27th, but she has her mother’s warmth and based on her reputation, her father’s skill set. Poor show design can be a result of everyone having the same less than brilliant idea,  but it can also be people not coming together. My gut feeling is that staff is not gelling together, and they may not be gelling with marching members. I may be wrong, but given things were rocky early on but seemed to be improving when they were in New England/East Coast but declined after, that’s a pretty good sign of people not being on the same page.

My hope would be that Denise is savvy enough to bring a few names to Cadets, perhaps talent that has not been recognized, but if that’s not possible financially or otherwise, can bring people together at Cadets. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Tommeee said:

What makes you say it’s getting worse?  The scores from San Antonio?  If that’s the basis of your opinion, you might want to consider looking at this from a more constructive viewpoint.

All the events that have taken place since the alumni group decided to oust Hopkins have lead to this predicament. The money they promised never materialized. Cadets 2 shut down and members contracted ASAP (less about their talent than cash flow coming in) were decisions dictated by less than ideal circumstances. The end result is what you have now -  a corps in freefall.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Algernon said:

All the events that have taken place since the alumni group decided to oust Hopkins have lead to this predicament. The money they promised never materialized. Cadets 2 shut down and members contracted ASAP (less about their talent than cash flow coming in) were decisions dictated by less than ideal circumstances. The end result is what you have now -  a corps in freefall.

Wow I can’t get over how misguided some people are. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Wow I can’t get over how misguided some people are. 

Understatement of the century!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

20 minutes ago, Algernon said:

So, just to be clear, you not only believe that GH should still be in charge, but that they would be more competitive right now if he were?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Algernon said:

Said the man who was rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic

When you post anonymously in support of an accused sexual predator you have zero credibility to lecture me or anyone 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Tim K said:

Understatement of the century!

It’s unsurprising his little anonymous minions are coming out of the woodwork