How do the Cadets right the ship?

Oops wrong thread.

Edited by JT76

4 minutes ago, skevinp said:

That's ridiculous.  George was just a baby in 1912.

That old “rearranging deck chairs on the titanic” is from a bad 80s mgmnt book - you know the era when sexual harassment was ignored, management was autocratic and most especially the Cadets were revolutionizing the activity via a bunch of people hired prior to GH 

its classic this person used that saying . 

24 minutes ago, Algernon said:

Said the man who was rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic

OK... for the record, I can't recall George Dixon ever mentioning that "Nearer My God To Thee" is one of his favorite songs. :tongue:

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

I have a vague memory of George in the shipyard in Belfast, arguing with the architect that the compartment isolation doors needed to extend all the way to the ceiling. 

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, jonwoody said:

Thanks Jeff but I am well aware of what you mean. My intention was to bring a little hope and make some people smile. No need for a lecture. Been a Cadet since the 80's. So you wasted your 1001st time on me.😊

others may have read it. then again, doubtful

4 hours ago, Algernon said:

All the events that have taken place since the alumni group decided to oust Hopkins have lead to this predicament. The money they promised never materialized. Cadets 2 shut down and members contracted ASAP (less about their talent than cash flow coming in) were decisions dictated by less than ideal circumstances. The end result is what you have now -  a corps in freefall.

the money issues were growing long before Hop was ousted. how many people stiffed on money? The constant begging for money, the continued upping of fees for USBands participation?

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Wow I can’t get over how misguided some people are. 

I can when they're a Hopbot

• Like 1