How do the Cadets right the ship?

Just now, DFA1970 said:

I always felt they should ditch the parent name YEA and make it The Cadets Performing Arts Group or something like that. YEA was GH vision of a group of corps in one organization and the Cadets name seemed to take a back seat. It’s hard to believe that Crossmen and Crown was under YEA. That’s my 2 cents. 

Yup I made that suggestion last year when everything blew up. Maybe they want to get beyond the court case where I’m sure YEA will get some mention and then they could rebrand cleanly. I like the Cadets Performance Ensembles 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Eleran said:

I wouldn't  count on it .... especially if they finish in double digits.

I would hope so...and could be a possibility. That's IF smart staff changes/additions are made and they add the talent of a program coordinator with proven and successful top-tier design at the DCI level. It happened for Boston.... 

I fell in love with The Cadets over 20 years ago. I just want to see them do well. 

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Brian Tuma said:

Awwwww come on. The baton twirler made up for it.

(not a slam against him, he was phenomenal)

That guy was very, very good, but I saw Alan Smythe BITD (Rochester Crusaders DM) and the dude was SCARY on baton.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, xandandl said:

JVD did that with Star of Indiana in '92 with those moving prop poles the mms used.

Indeed. They also used them to really sell the aesthetic they wanted and even slickly integrated them into the forms at some moments.

5 hours ago, DR EDF said:

I fell in love with The Cadets over 20 years ago. I just want to see them do well. 

Same here. I have no other connection to The Cadets other than the fact that they are the corps that made me fall in love with the activity when I saw my first DCI show in 2001. I just want them to succeed. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DFA1970 said:

I always felt they should ditch the parent name YEA and make it The Cadets Performing Arts Group or something like that. YEA was GH vision of a group of corps in one organization and the Cadets name seemed to take a back seat. It’s hard to believe that Crossmen and Crown was under YEA. That’s my 2 cents. 

The problem with changing YEA's name to something Cadets,is that US Bands  and Xcape don't really fit into the activities associated with the Cadets  name.

I'm all for changing YEA's name,but I don't know if something Cadets centric would fit the overall organization.

3 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

The problem with changing YEA's name to something Cadets,is that US Bands  and Xcape don't really fit into the activities associated with the Cadets  name.

I'm all for changing YEA's name,but I don't know if something Cadets centric would fit the overall organization.

When they first started USBands, it was the Cadets Marching Band Cooperative (CMBC). They changed it at least partly to disconnect the band circuit from the Cadets name.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, rpbobcat said:

Well both RCC Indoor Percussion and The Diablo Wind Symphony are both Under the parent name BD Performing Arts.