How do the Cadets right the ship?

17 minutes ago, jeffmolnar said:

Y’all sure are sensitive.

That is the world today. Everyone is angry and offended by everyone and everything. Everyone is worried about everyone else and what they are saying and doing. Social media can surely be blamed for some of this. I have always told my kids to worry about yourself, your family, and your friends. Don't worry about what everyone else is saying and doing. Its non-productive.

My name is FlamMan and I approve this message.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

This has went off the rails. I’m out.👋

Indeed.

We were talking about show concepts in the optics of their recent trouble...

Not political discourse in education.

I hate it when a good observation gets made toxic... It's a daily tragedy these days.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, wvu80 said:

I am just sharing an experience.  Just because you disagree with my observations is no reason to try to exclude me. 

If you don't like it, don't read it.  But you can't discount it, I shared an unbiased look at a Cadets rehearsal.  If you're disappointed with what I observed, I was too. 

I've watched many a Cadets practice, they were the epitome of professionalism and they won with that approach.  What I witnessed is not the professional Cadets staff behavior of the past.

Thanks for sharing your experience. The Cadets do have an influx of far leftist viewpoints on staff. My wife and I have had concerns about the affect of this on the corps.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, exitmusic said:

giphy.gif

Edit:  never mind. Not worth it. 

Edited by HockeyDad

15 minutes ago, dans said:

Thanks for sharing your experience. The Cadets do have an influx of far leftist viewpoints on staff. My wife and I have had concerns about the affect of this on the corps.

Preaching inclusion when you can only accept so many members is silly.

At least put stipulations on it like race inclusive and gender inclusive- which is great but just using the word inclusion is sorely misleading. 

And really almost every top level corps has the same level of "inclusion" and "exclusion" so why preach about it?

It's not like the Cadets can encourage the kids that don't make the cut to join C2 and still have a "Cadet" experience any more.

1 hour ago, cfirwin3 said:

Indeed.

We were talking about show concepts in the optics of their recent trouble...

Not political discourse in education.

I hate it when a good observation gets made toxic... It's a daily tragedy these days.

Yes, but when a corps chooses to use their show design (and apparently, some rehearsal time too) to deliver political discourse, it might bleed over into conversations about the corps.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, ThePlanets said:

Preaching inclusion when you can only accept so many members is silly.

At least put stipulations on it like race inclusive and gender inclusive- which is great but just using the word inclusion is sorely misleading. 

And really almost every top level corps has the same level of "inclusion" and "exclusion" so why preach about it?

It's not like the Cadets can encourage the kids that don't make the cut to join C2 and still have a "Cadet" experience any more.

In todays America inclusion = if you have differing views and opinions you will be called names and excluded.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Anyway, so The Cadets have a show tonight, and Friday and Saturday, free day Sunday, show Monday. Another long slog, and in this heat. Stay hydrated and healthy!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, FlamMan said:

That is the world today. Everyone is angry and offended by everyone and everything. Everyone is worried about everyone else and what they are saying and doing. Social media can surely be blamed for some of this. I have always told my kids to worry about yourself, your family, and your friends. Don't worry about what everyone else is saying and doing. Its non-productive.

My name is FlamMan and I approve this message.

I’m not offended or angry.  I’m just tired of being blamed for all of society’s ills, primarily due to the numbers on my birth certificate.  

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2