How do the Cadets right the ship?

9 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Thinking about it.... if any corps spends bunch o time at practice discussing something that doesn’t help the show it’s a waste imo. But just can’t understand why saying the corps is and should be inclusive is a bad thing. Heavens knows we had some corps in the past that excluded people based on race, etc....

Inclusion is not a bad thing (at face value) and it is important. Most reasonable people would agree with that. And I will stop there.

• Thanks 3

40 minutes ago, JimF-LowBari said:

Like calling people “leftist”....

time for the close

I apologize if you took offense to my choice of words. I strictly used the word leftist to indicate a specific viewpoint. Sorry.

6 minutes ago, dans said:

I apologize if you took offense to my choice of words. I strictly used the word leftist to indicate a specific viewpoint. Sorry.

Didn’t really take offensive just heard too many people on both sides using terms like this in a derogatory way. Now I see that was not your intent and will edit my response.

lol I’m middle of the road so both ends of the spectrum irritate me

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Everybody now!

Kumbaya, my Lord... Kumbay... oh forget it.

15 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

Everybody now!

Too #### hot in the northeast for a camp fire lol

smores schnapps sounds good though...

1 hour ago, Terri Schehr said:

I’m not offended or angry.  I’m just tired of being blamed for all of society’s ills, primarily due to the numbers on my birth certificate.  

oh hell,i have 1000 other reasons I can use to blame you😂

1 hour ago, chris ncsu said:

I, for one, would probably have been disappointed if they came out with a 2015-type show (meaning, traditional Cadets drill and musical phrasing, poor or no use of props and electronics, etc.; forget about the 10 stuff). Don't get me wrong - those are my favorite Cadets shows!! I mean, 1992, 1993, 1998, come on!  But, that's not where the activity is, that's not where the judging community is, and I'm not sure it would help draw talent because it would be seen as so basic compared to everyone else.

I mean, 2018 was essentially that show. They did well with it, but it was clearly "old school". 

This year, I'm glad they're extending themselves when it comes to good props and smarter uniforms. This team needs to continue to learn to use these tools that so many others have years of experience doing well.

No, I'm not that pleased with the show itself. They're going to struggle for year(s) trying to figure out who The Cadets are in this modern era - I recognize that and want to give them a bit of space for that search.

last year worked because, in a year they needed to celebrate everything "Cadets", they did it with tweaks right up to the end. But then again, having to do serious rewrites last spring given the, uh, other issue slowed them down.

Going forward is the design team needs to A) be on the same page from day 1 and B), not have defections in the spring. Oh and C....stop having serious rewrites early on. 

• Like 6

30 minutes ago, cfirwin3 said:

Everybody now!

thats why i hate everyone. it's so much easier 😂

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Image result for lucy van pelt I hate people

yup!!