How do the Cadets right the ship?

19 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Can you point us to Cadets championships with current Cadets people?

It's not only championships...it's just being competitive.

1 minute ago, jonwoody said:

It's not only championships...it's just being competitive.

Cadets have the money to rebuild. But it’s so hard to retain top members when you don’t have much chance to medal.

3 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

Cadets have the money to rebuild. But it’s so hard to retain top members when you don’t have much chance to medal.

I get that. But there must be a way to get people to stay but that's up to staff to show them why and I don't feel this group has the staff.

welcome to the world the majority of corps have faced for years and continue to face every year.  Getting and retaining staff and members....  Better have/develop a good damage control program to rebuild confidence in the program, marketing, recruitment, and 365 day fundraising campaign.....bake sales, door to door candy sales,  grant writers, attending high school band programs, hamburger sales,  t shirt sales etc.....Cadets may no longer be able to simply rely upon their past history and benefit of the doubt.  Staff takes money, (being paid on time) a stable positive environment,  and a desire  to want to work for you. Same with recruiting kids.

Edited by brians

1 hour ago, GeneralTsoChicken said:

Interesting... can you point me to Boston's championships and Regiment's championships with Cadet people? 

Ignore the facts, whatever suits your narrative...

What does winning titles have to do with it? I just want to be competitive and actually world class. There’s a mass of talent out there that has a reason to want the cadets to succeed. Let’s go find some. 

1 hour ago, PamahoNow said:

Do you realistically Cadets could entice any of these people to return?  ... I'd guess they are all (or almost all) happy where they are.

Yes I do think the cadets could entice some of these people to return. Many people do care about the corps, especially now that GH - who is a monster to work for - is gone. 

• Like 1

On 7/16/2019 at 10:28 PM, exitmusic said:

Some of the best instructors and designers in the business are "Golden Age" Cadets and are working with other groups. Why is that? Because no one wanted to work for GH. GH is gone.

YEA needs to decide that it's time for these folks to come home. Staffs win championships. Our championships also created great staffs... for other corps.

Namely:

• Bluecoats' visual co-caption heads (yes, both)
  • Bluecoats' brass caption head
  • Vanguard's guard caption head
  • Boston's brass arranger
  • Boston's artistic director
  • Boston's drill designer
  • (About half of the rest of Boston's staff)
  • Crown's drill designer
  • Crown's brass arranger
  • Crown's percussion ensemble coordinator
  • (About half of Crown's visual staff)
  • Phantom's brass caption head
  • Etc, etc.

I didn't know Ryan George was part of Cadets' Nation. When was this?

7 minutes ago, exitmusic said:

Yes I do think the cadets could entice some of these people to return. Many people do care about the corps, especially now that GH - who is a monster to work for - is gone. 

Any names?

Bic picture this season, at least IMO... 9th (or 10th or 11th) place at DCI Finals is still pretty rarified air... air which any number of corps would like to breathe someday.

Big picture, longer term.... yes, it would be cool if the Cadets could find the cure to whatever is ailing them from a competitive standpoint (placing lower than they are used to). I have absolutely no idea what those answers are... but it would be nice to see the maroon and gold back in the Top 5 hunt.

I know... Captain Obvious here. :tongue: But still.