How do the Cadets right the ship?

Just need the stripes back on the pants

• Like 2

10 hours ago, MikeRapp said:

This year I have begun to wonder if maybe it really does come down to the design team. Put a Beatles show in the hands of GH...how many ways does that go terribly wrong?

Couple things...

1. GH... who?

2. The only other design team that I would trust to handle a Beatles show was Saucedo and Gaines under Fiedler.

33 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Didn't they already try a twirler in 2006?

2004 🙂 Got decent crowd reactions, but yeah...  Actually, great guard that year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

I guess it depends what you mean here, but haven't there been vertical props since at least the 1980s?

Side by Side is the first show that comes to mind if you are implying performing while on a vertical prop

Edited by ykw

20 hours ago, ShortAndFast said:

If I think back to the Garfield of the 80s, I don't remember this angst about identity. Sure, there was a history that came with being the nation's oldest corps. Sure the uniform was iconic. But they won their audience and their first DCI championships by hiring some great staff, breaking some of the design "rules" of the day, creating exciting shows, and applying an incredible work ethic to achieve those shows. They definitely weren't saying "let's keep doing what Garfield did in the 70s"!

Has BD tarnished their 1976 title by doing a 2019 show that would have been unthinkable back then, and wearing uniforms that nobody from 1976 would recognize? Or have they honored it by displaying the same commitment to excellence more than 4 decades later?

This. First they zigged. Then everyone zigged so they zagged. Uniform was never part of the equation 

13 hours ago, jjeffeory said:

I'll argue that X or Power of Ten show was a terrible concept, but they did alright.

Though the winds of change were already in the air....

Talent kept it alive. Continued tinkering with design... and uniform... held it back. Oh and the guard 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1