How do the Cadets right the ship?

1 hour ago, Jeff Ream said:

and the kids who marched 18 are also in that hero category...it kept the corps alive. Now the competitive landscape is so much different, it's going to take time to get back to the top.....and patience from people that expect instant results

Absolutely. Hats off to them for sticking it out last summer, when no one would have blamed any of them for leaving, given the situation. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, year1buick said:

Do they still have Mr. Holsinger’s number in their Rolodex? A show with new stuff from him would be great, IMO. 

In the Fall, when Kings came back from war???

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

9 hours ago, year1buick said:

Do they still have Mr. Holsinger’s number in their Rolodex? A show with new stuff from him would be great, IMO. 

Good question, I read he had a stroke a couple of years ago- I have no idea what level his health is at, or whether you'd contact a representative now.

20 hours ago, year1buick said:

I was thinking a little more “new” than that.  🙂

"Sinfonia Voci" is a fascinating piece, though I don't know if it would be considered "newer". Also been done here and there over the years. I have no idea if this is "hip to the jive" for what they want anymore, and I have a feeling it's not.

1 hour ago, BigW said:

"Sinfonia Voci" is a fascinating piece, though I don't know if it would be considered "newer". Also been done here and there over the years. I have no idea if this is "hip to the jive" for what they want anymore, and I have a feeling it's not.

Actually, I should’ve said just nothing repeated. I loved the 92 and 93 shows based on his music and think he’s just such a great fit for their style.

• The Cadets are improving their performance every show.
  • The Cadets show design is bad but the design team is trying to make it better I see the changes they are making.
  • The Cadets have a very good percussion section and an awesome front ensemble.  
  • The Cadets brass section are cleaning up their performance issues.
  • The Cadets guard is performing much much better.
  • The Cadets are currently in 7th place about were we expected them to be.
  • The Cadets are 1.975 away from Boston. Nobody expected that.
  • The Cadets finishing 7th would be considered a good season considering how good every other corps is this year.
  • The Cadets finishing above 7th would be considered an incredible season.
  • Design team is a priority for next year. Guard and Brass are next on the list. 
Edited by boxingfred
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

51 minutes ago, boxingfred said:
  • The Cadets are improving their performance every show.
  • The Cadets show design is bad but the design team is trying to make it better I see the changes they are making.
  • The Cadets have a very good percussion section and an awesome front ensemble.  
  • The Cadets brass section are cleaning up their performance issues.
  • The Cadets guard is performing much much better.
  • The Cadets are currently in 7th place about were we expected them to be.
  • The Cadets are 1.975 away from Boston. Nobody expected that.
  • The Cadets finishing 7th would be considered a good season considering how good every other corps is this year.
  • The Cadets finishing above 7th would be considered an incredible season.
  • Design team is a priority for next year. Guard and Brass are next on the list. 

They are currently in ninth 

until they beat BK or BS head to head they are in 9th

the last time they faced Boston they were behind by 3.5 pls which was just a Saturday so I doubt things have changed that quickly 

at this point if they can hold 9th (and the pretty healthy gap over Mandarins and Crossmen lately allude to yes) it is a good season

the members are fantastic but other than the percussion team the instructional and design staff hasn’t held up their end of the bargain

i say that knowing all are great people, quite dedicated and working very hard 

after the season I’m hoping for design announcements that will bring in the recruits this fall and winter

Bocook returning (or Prime} and a top level drill writer are numbers one and two on my list - but I’m greedy lol 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1