Anyone remember Broken Arrow 2017?

6 hours ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

Cavaliers finished 5th to 4th Bluecoats by 1.9 points on 7/18/2017

Tonight, Cavaliers finished 6th to 5th Crusaders by 1.8 points on 7/16/2019. 

Anybody remember final placements in 2017 in Indy? I sure do 🙂 

Go get’em Cavaliers. Reel those Crusaders in! Splooie! 

A general question - if your corps was behind a point or two to the next higher placed corps going into the final stretch of the season, what would be the easiest and most difficult caption/sub-caption to make up that ground? Understood that your mileage and situations may vary corps to corps, but in this case what's the Cavaliers' strategy for overtaking Boston? 

26 minutes ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

A general question - if your corps was behind a point or two to the next higher placed corps going into the final stretch of the season, what would be the easiest and most difficult caption/sub-caption to make up that ground? Understood that your mileage and situations may vary corps to corps, but in this case what's the Cavaliers' strategy for overtaking Boston? 

Last night Cavaliers were down to Boston by:

1.00 in GE;

0.75 in Visual; and

1.10 in Music.

And in almost all captions the were 6th. 

Looks like there are quite a few spots to choose from.  Those of you who know Cavaliers better than I, may want to suggest where you see that they realistically improve.

I looked at the title of the thread thinking it was going to be about the disastrous FloMarching broadcast of that show.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, OldSnareDrummer said:

Cavaliers right now are lacking in the visual department. The visual program's not much from a design standpoint, and the execution isn't notable. If they could do something/anything to clean it and sharpen it, there's bleed in every other caption (but especially GE). Clean up the look of the show, and they'd have an outside shot at 5th.

Edited by Slingerland
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

I looked at the title of the thread thinking it was going to be about the disastrous FloMarching broadcast of that show.

me too.

and looking at last nights recap, i'd say anything is possible if people keep judging their sheets and the show of the day

• Like 3

12 hours ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

Cavaliers finished 5th to 4th Bluecoats by 1.9 points on 7/18/2017

Tonight, Cavaliers finished 6th to 5th Crusaders by 1.8 points on 7/16/2019. 

Anybody remember final placements in 2017 in Indy? I sure do 🙂 

Go get’em Cavaliers. Reel those Crusaders in! Splooie! 

Interesting theory. I think there are two things for consideration. One, in 2017 Cavaliers picked up momentum as the season progressed.  Bluecoats seemed to lose momentum. So is it possible for Cavies to gain momentum? It’s not scoring as well as some hoped, but it seems to be a crowd pleaser and that could work in their favor. Now will BAC lose momentum as the season progresses? That’s a bit more questionable. This is less likely, especially where they are battling Crown and both BAC and Crown are hoping one of the predicted top three plateaus. 

5 hours ago, PamahoNow said:

Last night Cavaliers were down to Boston by:

1.00 in GE;

0.75 in Visual; and

1.10 in Music.

And in almost all captions the were 6th. 

Looks like there are quite a few spots to choose from.  Those of you who know Cavaliers better than I, may want to suggest where you see that they realistically improve.

Which recap are you looking at? Cavies were only .05 thats  five one hundredths of a point from Boston. I’d say they’re pretty even in the music caption. Visually the Cavaliers are dirty and it’s carrying over into the GE.

Edited by GREENBLUE