Anyone remember Broken Arrow 2017?

11 minutes ago, Tim K said:

Interesting theory. I think there are two things for consideration. One, in 2017 Cavaliers picked up momentum as the season progressed.  Bluecoats seemed to lose momentum. So is it possible for Cavies to gain momentum? It’s not scoring as well as some hoped, but it seems to be a crowd pleaser and that could work in their favor. Now will BAC lose momentum as the season progresses? That’s a bit more questionable. This is less likely, especially where they are battling Crown and both BAC and Crown are hoping one of the predicted top three plateaus. 

I don’t think Bluecoats lost momentum as much as Cavaliers made a charge at the last possible moment and bested then by a nose. It was timing as much as anything.

8 minutes ago, Tim K said:

Interesting theory. I think there are two things for consideration. One, in 2017 Cavaliers picked up momentum as the season progressed.  Bluecoats seemed to lose momentum. So is it possible for Cavies to gain momentum? It’s not scoring as well as some hoped, but it seems to be a crowd pleaser and that could work in their favor. Now will BAC lose momentum as the season progresses? That’s a bit more questionable. This is less likely, especially where they are battling Crown and both BAC and Crown are hoping one of the predicted top three plateaus. 

Totally understood. Cavies lost momentum to BAC last year and allowed them to take 5th from them. They did beat them again somewhere in early August and then narrowly lost to them in Finals. Momentum definitely a factor. And if you look objectively ( I'm not objective when it comes to the Cavaliers ), what the Cavs did in 2017 was really the "moon lining up with Jupiter" to eek out a .037 ( or something like that) win over the Bluecoats on the very last show of the year. 

So...catching that twice in a bottle seems ( again objectively) highly unlikely. But it gives me a new thing to look at for fun as the tour winds down. First time we saw Boston this year we were 2.0 down. Last night we were 1.8 down. IF ( and that's a big IF) they shrink that to say...1.5-1.6 in Denton....well...then it will be worth continuing to watch. IF on the other hand, BAC starts to widen that gap, I feel like the Cavaliers may run out the season in a 6th place scoring Island. And I'll be perfectly fine with that. I love this show. Love that my kid is holding a baton. I love ALL the top 6-8 shows this year, and like a lot of the others. I swore at the beginning of the season not to let scores ruin my joy or enjoyment of all these great kids in these great corps. But when I looked back to 2017, it seemed like a fun thing to bring up and watch. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, PopcornEater1963 said:

I swore at the beginning of the season not to let scores ruin my joy or enjoyment of all these great kids in these great corps.

:thumbup:

8 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

I looked at the title of the thread thinking it was going to be about the disastrous FloMarching broadcast of that show.

I thought it was going to be about Pride of Broken Arrow's 2017 show:

Remember when there wasn't new threads made about a single event because it could be discussed in their corps thread?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

Remember when there wasn't new threads made about a single event because it could be discussed in their corps thread?

I don't think you would be complaining if this thread was about Crown...just sayin'

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Liahona said:

I don't think you would be complaining if this thread was about Crown...just sayin'

And I'm just sayin' that any time you want to try and start something with me you always say "You wouldn't say that if it were Crown". If you would take the time to get to know someone you would know that The Cavaliers is one of my favorite corps. as they are listed on my profile.

Please come up with some new material. 

Edited by Incognito365

2 minutes ago, Incognito365 said:

And I'm just sayin' that any time you want to try and start something with me you always say "You wouldn't say that if it were Crown". If you would take the time to get to know someone you would know that The Cavaliers is one of my favorite corps. as they are listed on my profile.

Please come up with some new material. 

OK...I challenge you to find another one of my post that says and I quote you "You wouldn't say that if it were Crown". Good luck with that.

12 minutes ago, Liahona said:

OK...I challenge you to find another one of my post that says and I quote you "You wouldn't say that if it were Crown". Good luck with that.

And there's the challenge post! :4_joy: