Rule Proposal Discussion

hostrauser

Submit changes or tweaks you would like to see in this thread.

Proposal #1 - Reduce DCPI to two classes.

In order to match DCI, we would eliminate Class A and just have World and Open. HOWEVER, since I know many of you are quite fond of your A corps, I would allow all current players to be grandfathered in and move their A corps up to Open Class. Thus, each legacy player would be able to have 1 World and 2 Open class corps. This would of course be optional, not mandatory.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest, we don't really have to match DCI.. DCP is it's own thing and people discuss DCA on here all the time, so I don't see any reason to change how we've done things. I also feel like everyone with a class A corps getting a regroup to Open class could be chaotic and would make open class enormous. I'm not sure who proposed the rule but I'd like to hear feedback on why it would benefit the game, I am an open mind and don't take offense!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KingLukeXVI said:

To be honest, we don't really have to match DCI.. DCP is it's own thing and people discuss DCA on here all the time, so I don't see any reason to change how we've done things. I also feel like everyone with a class A corps getting a regroup to Open class could be chaotic and would make open class enormous. I'm not sure who proposed the rule but I'd like to hear feedback on why it would benefit the game, I am an open mind and don't take offense!!

It was my idea. Quite frankly, some seasons we have had trouble just getting ten corps to participate in each of the two lower divisions. This year, there are 13 in A, 13 in Open, and 19 in World.

It's not an idea I've given lots of deep thought to. Just something I thought might make the game more competitive/exciting, and I figured I would toss it out to hear pros and cons.

• Like 1

Getting rid of Class A division is one thing but I don't really care for director has multiple corps in the same division. We ran into this long ago when directors could have multiple corps in the World division. We all agreed then it could create a monopoly on the upper tier rankings. It's just my opinion but I feel each director should have one corps per division and in the end that creates better competition. 

• Like 1

I actually like the idea and given the very small numbers I think it makes sense to allow the 2 corps, if our numbers get back up, which I hope they do,  we could switch back easily enough. Im good either way though. 

I'll table the contraction talks for now. As long as we continue to have at least a full Finals' worth of corps in each division.