Hey __________, maybe do this. What is your advice for certain corps at this point?

8 hours ago, LyricalCoder said:

Everyone: Tone down some of the body movement. It's gratuitous and can (and often does) distract from some really great musical moments. Sometimes less is more. If it must be done, then it's time to evolve to something other than the inward knee bends and leaning your torso one way or the other. Make it matter. Movement for the sake of movement is silly.

Amen to that. It’s embarrassing to watch. It almost never fits. 

• Like 2

1. Everyone needs no tone down the synth's. In the beginning they did add to each shows' listening pleasure but have now become too loud and overbearing.

2. Stay with music that average person/fan knows, can remember and go away from a show humming.. Bluecoats "Beetles" and BD's Lorne Balfe TV sound tracks are examples of music most people know. Stay away from the complicated scores that should be reserved for really advanced music study.

get all of your #### you've been holding back in there and clean the #### out of everything. if you aren't adding more, just clean the #### out of everything.

that message applies to every corps everywhere

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

vuvuzela

noun

vu·vu·ze·la | \ ˌvü-vü-ˈzā-lə , -ˈze-\

plural vuvuzelas

Definition of vuvuzela

: a simple plastic noisemaker in the form of a straight trumpet usually between 2 and 3 feet in length that produces a single note and is used principally at sporting events An inexpensive plastic horn is to become the unofficial symbol of the football World Cup to be held in South Africa in 2010. … It is raucous, loud and reminiscent of a trumpeting elephant. It is the vuvuzela—a 60-centimeter, brightly colored plastic horn that has become both the sound and the symbol of South African football.— Delia Robertson, Voice of America News, 9 Aug. 2004

[dodges the whoosh tearing through the room]

Everyone need a "squat and pee" move in the hornline.

Seriously, I am loving a lot of shows this year.

My biggest scratch on my head : Props are hauled around all summer and only a very few get good use of them in their show. It just seems like a waste of time and money to do so if it does not add to the show.   I could be a human prop, only I would at least work for my food--drive, clean, run errands while not parked on the field as a prop.😂

ooohhh post number 1111.....I just made a wish.

Edited by Forevergreen