Hey __________, maybe do this. What is your advice for certain corps at this point?

28 minutes ago, bicsta said:

Nicely said.  My shot is a miss. I get the idea, tryng to line up the vocals and the drums like Bloo 2015.  It just doesn't work with this tune for some reason.  Also, the drums book lacks a little nuance as written.  If you watch the Vic Firth videos of the pit, the dynamic markings are silly.

Goliath doesn't bother me so much. The rest of the show is killer.

Yowza !!!! 😂

1 hour ago, Musicman1084 said:

Boston - MY SHOT MY SHOT MY SHOT *mumblemumblemumble* MY SHOT MY SHOT. Enough, guys. Regardless of what you add to your show (which is otherwise pretty tremendous as-is), certain changes need to be made with voice-overs that are currently coming across as a bit juvenile in an otherwise fairly mature show. They were smart enough to make some changes in 2018 (live vocal of Amazing Grace to pre-recorded helped significantly), but in both 2017 and 2019 have missed the mark with voice-overs in some regards. 2017 was the cringey "nooooooooooooo" yell, and 2019 is the extreme over-use of My Shot, especially hearing the extended incoherent rambling of Lin Manuel Miranda's voice during the tenor feature. If you can't even make out what's being said, is it relevant? Also, the David vs. Goliath battle could use some clarity - sound effects don't make sense.

I agree 100% with this, really takes away from the otherwise good show.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, bicsta said:

Goliath doesn't bother me so much. The rest of the show is killer.

I thought David was the killer. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, hostrauser said:

Ah yes, the heady days of the 60s and 70s where every corps recycled the same ten tunes over and over and over again, often times many years in a row.

Here's your trophy for the worst idea expressed on DCP this summer. The competition was fierce, but you outdid them all. It's a tremendous honor.81Hf5Rp8J2L._SR500,500_.jpg

not even close to the winner. i can give you multiple threads to choose from

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, ReturnOfTheSonOfSUAPYG said:

Wait ... what?

I haven't seen the show yet. That just seems like an awful idea.

It's quite awful

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Musicman1084 said:

Phantom - Please record a new voice-over for "I Am Joan" that doesn't sound like an angry teenager finding out her local Starbucks is out of Pumpkin Spiced Lattes.

How about a ###### off woman with an alto voice saying “I am Joan, da##it!”? 

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

I'm all for it, though I don't think voicing matters as much as inflection and conviction. The prior version was just too timid, almost coming across as a question rather than an exclamation.

"I am Joan?"

Edited by Musicman1084
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

“Do you know who I am?”

”DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?”

”I AM ############ JOAN OF ########### ARC!”

• Haha 3