Belton, TX - Thursday, July 18, 2019

Some will hate me but I am annoyed by a show titled neon underground with literally no neon.  Not even when color is introduced.  Still muted.  

• Like 5

Just now, Jake W. said:

I could not agree more. I think I'm going to elaborate my thoughts more in the SoA thread itself in case anyone wants to shed some light or clear up some of my confusion, but as much as I *adore* this music book and their insanely hot playing (and I really do), I can't help but watch this and think it just doesn't look visually like a top 12 show. I don't mean the members' execution, just the visual design. 

They could lower the backdrop to show just the cityscape maybe and lessen the impact. They’d probably have rework “backstage” movement for when people are back there by putting them on field and having back steps for their entry. 

Who has the encore tonight?

Scouts!  Time for some fun. 

• Like 3

Madison

1 hour ago, Jake W. said:

I could not agree more. I think I'm going to elaborate my thoughts more in the SoA thread itself in case anyone wants to shed some light or clear up some of my confusion, but as much as I *adore* this music book and their insanely hot playing (and I really do), I can't help but watch this and think it just doesn't look visually like a top 12 show. I don't mean the members' execution, just the visual design. 

This show reminds me a lot of a BD style designed show. not a Lotta difficult brass and simultaneous movement responsibilities. maybe a moment or two here or there . crowd didn’t seem to be into it much.   Members are doing a great job executing. I think the lack of difficulty will keep them out of the top 12  this time around 

Edited by Triple Forte

21 minutes ago, brassboy said:

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I kind of resent that Madison choreographed a mid-show standing ovation into their program by having their DM turn around to the audience during their false ending and then even bow after the release. Their show is entertaining enough that they'll get the ovation they want and deserve without having to resort to that.

True....they need to axe that part.  As well...ditch the soprano soloists at the beginning.  If they can’t hit the notes, skip that part.  Not even close to resembling a Scouts’ soprano.