Denton, TX - Thursday, July 18, 2019

2 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

It was the smartest move. You never know when weather will ruin a show why chance it?

Very true. Plus it makes housing easier to coordinate. 

29 minutes ago, brassboy said:

I think it's very possible SCV will opt out of using their tarps if it's still that windy.

Doesn’t their props anchor the tarps at several locations?  At least the largest one?

Edited by Ghost

15 minutes ago, Jeffe77 said:

Shows are design for Indy in mind. I maintain the change of DCI Finals venue year to year to Lucas Oil Stadium is one of the factors for designers to revolutionize the activity. 

Interesting...so does changing up the finals location potentially increase the need and ability for the designers to become more revolutionary or place limitations on what some would consider "wild" ideas and maintain the status quo.  Can you imagine planning for a finals competition where you don't know the venue well or have to alter the design based on known factors or potential factors such as weather?!  That becomes very interesting indeed!  I don't know about you, but I'd almost say I'm a fan!  It requires every corps to be creative AND adaptable!  

I like Regiment's show but it needs a lot of cleaning in the feet. Serious phasing issues. 

My phone battery is on 5% so it looks like I’m out of commission for the rest of the night. Sorry folks. Looks like one of the snares for Phantom injured himself during the performance. He was carted out of the stadium but he limped under his own power off the field to the cart. Hopefully he’s ok.

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Sad 6

Phantom warmly received by the Denton audience. Show has grown on me after seeing it live. I do agree with DCP’s resident R.O.U.S. that the drum break seems poorly placed.

I was also thinking that “Fire Of Eternal Glory” may be a bit on the nose for someone martyred by being burned alive. Why not “Burnin’ For You” by Blue Oyster Cult? I’m sure there are others...

• Haha 1