DrumScorps

Denton, TX - Thursday, July 18, 2019

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, CrownBariDad said:

Rats!!! I really wanted to see PC and Crown.

While I'll enjoy seeing Music City and Spirit again, why didn't Flo pick this show to broadcast?  Lots more Corps?

Flo is the sponsor at the Belton show so it only makes sense that as the presenting sponsor they broadcast that show. Plus it is close to their home office and yes the corps outside the top of the heap deserve some love as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CrownBariDad said:

Rats!!! I really wanted to see PC and Crown.

While I'll enjoy seeing Music City and Spirit again, why didn't Flo pick this show to broadcast?  Lots more Corps?

I'll repeat some of what was said in the Broken Arrow show thread.

Belton is considered FloMarching's "home show" (they are based in the Austin, TX area). However, because the Denton show got upgraded from a high school stadium that could barely fit everyone to the bigger, better stadium at UNT this year, I presume lots of corps wanted to go to that show instead of Belton to experience a bigger crowd and better views for the press box judges. Meanwhile, the Belton show got moved last year from a college stadium to a high school stadium - still a nice venue with more seating than the previous one, but nothing compared to UNT.

I wish they would just move the Belton show to the Austin area, where DCI shows have been held in the past before the Belton show became a thing in 2015, but I get wanting to attract people from other areas of Texas such as Killeen and Waco that didn't get as much love on the summer tour previously.

(EDIT: Changed a couple words to prevent confusion.)

Edited by Cadevilina Crown

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My first live show of the season! Excited, though I wish Bloo was here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CrownBariDad said:

Rats!!! I really wanted to see PC and Crown.

While I'll enjoy seeing Music City and Spirit again, why didn't Flo pick this show to broadcast?  Lots more Corps?

be careful bringing that up. Some here will be coming in to defend and prop up Flo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

Flo is the sponsor at the Belton show so it only makes sense that as the presenting sponsor they broadcast that show. Plus it is close to their home office and yes the corps outside the top of the heap deserve some love as well.

No one ever said they did not deserve some love. Fans-- like it or not want to be able to see the show with the most top corps. That is just a fact. 

Edited by E3D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, E3D said:

be careful bringing that up. Some here will be coming in to defend and prop up Flo. 

So you expect them to NOT broadcast the show they are paying to sponsor at Belton? They are broadcasting SA correct?  Are people so freaking entitled now that they can't wait less than 48 hours to get what they want? Perspective people....perspective. 

We live in an age now when drum corps can be broadcast live and you can watch from the comfort of your couch. This is done for what I consider and VERY reasonable amount of money given what you are getting. And with anything if you hate them so much stop watching.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Spatzzz said:

So you expect them to NOT broadcast the show they are paying to sponsor at Belton? They are broadcasting SA correct?  Are people so freaking entitled now that they can't wait less than 48 hours to get what they want? Perspective people....perspective. 

We live in an age now when drum corps can be broadcast live and you can watch from the comfort of your couch. This is done for what I consider and VERY reasonable amount of money given what you are getting. And with anything if you hate them so much stop watching.

I was pointing out the obvious reason people asked. 

No idea what rant you are on , about entitlement and waiting. 

I don't subscribe to Flo. Live in Texas. 

Your opinion on reasonable amount of money and others opinion are likely to vary. 

Flo is not providing a quality product or service in my opinion. as noted in your post above YMDV 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This stadium is all bleachers, right? No seats?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ll be there! Wouldn’t be surprised if the show were delayed due to heat. It’s been absurdly hot lately. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, E3D said:

I was pointing out the obvious reason people asked. 

No idea what rant you are on , about entitlement and waiting. 

I don't subscribe to Flo. Live in Texas. 

Your opinion on reasonable amount of money and others opinion are likely to vary. 

Flo is not providing a quality product or service in my opinion. as noted in your post above YMDV 

Not really pointing to you specifically in this case but there has been much whining and nashing of teeth earlier in this thread regarding FLO not streaming the Denton show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.