Denton, TX - Thursday, July 18, 2019

5 hours ago, Rich Cline said:

Before Flo, DCI used Britecove, another very large streaming service provided the live streams and the streaming was infinitely better. Before Britecove DCI did their own HD definition streaming which was better and before that it was ESPN doing the broadcasts which was also better. At one time DCI even archived past streams so you didn't have to go to youtube and hope you could find a post that had not been taken down. It's  just "Follow The Money" and DCI's greed imo.

You really have no clue on this.

DCI has already had to pay out hundreds of thousands of dollars (literally) to satisfy the demand of copyright holders on their old streaming services, the very same services you cite. The Flo agreement puts safeguards in place to make sure that DCI can't, at this point, be considered directly liable for violations, and they are very proactive in telling the member corps to help them protect themselves and the activity by policing online streaming of copyrighted content.

If you want to 'follow the money', you can do so right to the bank accounts of Tresona, Universal, and Sony. Try to trace it to DCI and you'll have a very short afternoon of it.

Edited by Slingerland
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, Hook'emCavies said:

I am about to spend the evening with some friends at my favorite brewery... sooooo....

GO CAVALIERS!!!!! SPLOOIE AND WELCOME TO TEXAS MEN!

I still owe you a beer tomorrow night. 

2 hours ago, tlewis10060 said:

Does anybody know what the parking situation will be at the stadium tonight? It looks like there are a couple of small lots near the stadium, but I’m thinking those will be reserved for the corps. Should we just plan on parking on the other side of the interstate and walking across the pedestrian bridge?

posted from the DrumScorps app

They seem to have some grass space they’re selling across the street... but yeah, that little 2-lane road was already crowded just for the SCV rehearsal. I think parking will be rough tonight.

3 minutes ago, jeffmolnar said:

They seem to have some grass space they’re selling across the street... but yeah, that little 2-lane road was already crowded just for the SCV rehearsal. I think parking will be rough tonight.

As I said earlier, this thing has Uber and Lyft written all over it.

15 minutes ago, Old Corps Guy said:

3 minutes ago, jeffmolnar said:

As I said earlier, this thing has Uber and Lyft written all over it.

I just parked at Victory Hall on the visitors side of the stadium. Plenty of parking. $10.

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 1

Anyone scoping this show? 

• Like 2

LETS GO RED TEAM!!!!!!!! 🔥🔺❄️

32 minutes ago, Mookielove said:

Nice breeze. Not too warm. Not like last year in Katy.

Or even last year at the same show. This was the one that got delayed, then ultimately changed into a judged exhibition with corps performing out of uniform.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, brassboy said:

Or even last year at the same show. This was the one that got delayed, then ultimately changed into a judged exhibition with corps performing out of uniform.

Yeah, I was at that one, too. Brutal. Fun to see the t-shirts/shorts that matched by section, though.

• Like 1