Flo S#cks, For everyone. Period. Unless you are the only person watching.. Ever..

1 hour ago, Glenn426 said:

What in the world is stopping FLO/DCI/Corps from securing the Sync Rights to offer a DVR Service, To offer Full audio and Video recording of past shows?

You have great ideas. Are you able to get involved and help change things?

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

There are legal reasons why there is no DVR capability to Flo. Why people don't understand this many years after the Fan Network was shut down is beyond me 

as i saw one day..."the truth is like poetry, people ####### hate poetry"

• Haha 1

If you don’t like it, why are you paying for it?  I bet life would go on if you canceled your subscription 

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Rich Cline said:

My sentiments exactly. I received a lot of criticism in the Denton thread over copyright, etc.

Definitely DCI could do something to make the stream events more friendly for subscribers and fans of DCI. If nothing else, make the streams available for say a 24 period so those in the different time zones or working so they could watch the streams. I have had to rearrange my work schedule repeatedly just to watch a portion of the streams missing half of the shows. I might as well taken the time off and gone on tour with the kids.

I know people are tired of hearing these rants but it's really a simple problem to fix if DCI cared.

actually Flo has the control, it's their platform. And if you want dvr etc, be prepared to pay at least triple what you are now to cover the costs...and that's provided Flo/DCI can get the rights to do any type of recorded replay/delay. 

DCI cares. DCI is also not made of unlimited money. to live stream thats one fee. it's another fee for recorded playback/dvr. Plus the other fees for various things. Blaming DCI is honestly not knowing the laws or caring and just looking for a scapegoat, cause if they did decide to pay for all that, everyone would complain about how much they had to pay to get it.

DCI isn't getting rich off of the streaming rights from Flo.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

38 minutes ago, BlueStainGlass said:

You have a product or you don't have a product. DCI has mad sure that after the fannetwork went down that we have a way to see and no matter what it is better than seeing nothing. 

actually no. Tresona and other rights holders made sure it was done this way, or DCI would have to keep cutting huge checks for past abuses if not getting sued out of business. the old DVR stuff on the fan network didn't follow the licensing laws, and as a result, DCI ended up cutting a large 6 figure check to pay for past abuses. And they're lucky, that check could have been a lot higher.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

Seriously I'm so tired of people complaining. They expect way too much from a streaming service of a very niche product/activity. This isn't a major sports organization receiving millions of views And revenue from advertising. Not just that, but also having to accommodate at times awful infrastructure from stadium to stadium, bad weather conditions, varying acoustic conditions, AND shows based on sound that are all over the field from corps to corps. This isn't some Beyonce halftime show where there is one stage and a set number of microphones being used to record a few different people on stage. 

Just a general principle of life: don't keep your expectations so sky high, you'll be a lot happier. 

I heart you

• Like 1

Ummmm so everyone is crying ok. 

If they did a good job maybe some of that crying would go away. 

The way it is now makes it prime for the bootleg market. It just sets it up for someone to illegally record / capture. Then they can compress and post to anything or give to anyone they want. 

They can make money off the live show but for gawwwwwd sakes don't let it become pay per view. WTF 

I'm going to contact some of my communist friends and see If I can't farm this out to them and they can post it up on the internet for us all to enjoy pay per view style. 

Laughing at everyone who take up for flo and the crap quality is getting old. We live in times where people have access to free parn  24/7    -------------------------------------------------------------------------- but don't let someone have young kids and adults performing and creating art available. 

1 minute ago, E3D said:

Ummmm so everyone is crying ok. 

If they did a good job maybe some of that crying would go away. 

The way it is now makes it prime for the bootleg market. It just sets it up for someone to illegally record / capture. Then they can compress and post to anything or give to anyone they want. 

They can make money off the live show but for gawwwwwd sakes don't let it become pay per view. WTF 

I'm going to contact some of my communist friends and see If I can't farm this out to them and they can post it up on the internet for us all to enjoy pay per view style. 

Laughing at everyone who take up for flo and the crap quality is getting old. We live in times where people have access to free parn  24/7    -------------------------------------------------------------------------- but don't let someone have young kids and adults performing and creating art available. 

correction:

No one is defending Flo for coverage issues, #### customer service, poor camera work. We're defending them for following the law. Huge distinction

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

actually Flo has the control, it's their platform. And if you want dvr etc, be prepared to pay at least triple what you are now to cover the costs...and that's provided Flo/DCI can get the rights to do any type of recorded replay/delay. 

DCI cares. DCI is also not made of unlimited money. to live stream thats one fee. it's another fee for recorded playback/dvr. Plus the other fees for various things. Blaming DCI is honestly not knowing the laws or caring and just looking for a scapegoat, cause if they did decide to pay for all that, everyone would complain about how much they had to pay to get it.

DCI isn't getting rich off of the streaming rights from Flo.

and remember, Flo is getting bigger...they have 2 MLS contracts and could have an even bigger contract soon. This is the best platform we can get for the cost, even with dvr...the pirating would be out of control, and then what?