Flo S#cks, For everyone. Period. Unless you are the only person watching.. Ever..

Now to things that FLO Can control.

Spend the money and make sure that your streams don't go down.. BAC's Memphis performance was unwatchable... 

I have low expectations and fear for FLO should anything similar happen at San Antonio tomorrow. Because it wont just be me jumping down their throats..

I'm expecting a press release by FLO on Monday blaming everyone but themselves and DCI coming out later claiming that FLO is a valued Media Partner and is doing the best they can..

I suspect DCI is one of FLO largest clients by number of single event views and these Big Shows and popular Corps are maxing out the Servers and bandwidth potential that FLO currently has. It has been so since it started in 2017 and what sucks is that it continues to happen.

Flo spend the money and upgrade your servers and crazies like myself who expect to much would at least be satisfied with the quality of your product. Limited as it is by Music Licensing fees.

I cant help but think that browsing their webpage they are spending so much money on Podcast, Video correspondents, exclusive interviews and those resources couldn't be used to make the Streaming service better.

If this was fixed, I would cut Flo some slack.

• Like 1

We are stuck with Flo for better or for worse.  Music licensing issues for both DCI and Flo are only going to get more challenging in the future.  This is one of the reasons why:

music modernization act 2019

Despite flaws in some of Flo’s live presentations, Flo is where DCI needs to be now. 

A Flo Pro subscription provides access to a wide variety of other channels that appeal to our most important demographic, high school and college age viewers. There’s cheerleading, dancing, singing and amateur sports from A.A.U., etc. The potential to get the attention of those enthusiasts is huge. Much greater than any drum corps only media effort.

Have no idea how many enthusiasts subscribe to view those other activities but the number is substantial and has similar interests as we do. The chance for DCI (Matching Arts Channel) to cross pollenate is substantial. A simple click is all it takes to sample our act. Maybe prepare a short DCI commercial to run during breaks on those other channels.

Anyway, tomorrow on Flo will be HUGE. Enjoy!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Fred Windish said:

Despite flaws in some of Flo’s live presentations, Flo is where DCI needs to be now. 

A Flo Pro subscription provides access to a wide variety of other channels that appeal to our most important demographic, high school and college age viewers. There’s cheerleading, dancing, singing and amateur sports from A.A.U., etc. The potential to get the attention of those enthusiasts is huge. Much greater than any drum corps only media effort.

Have no idea how many enthusiasts subscribe to view those other activities but the number is substantial and has similar interests as we do. The chance for DCI (Matching Arts Channel) to cross pollenate is substantial. A simple click is all it takes to sample our act. Maybe prepare a short DCI commercial to run during breaks on those other channels.

Anyway, tomorrow on Flo will be HUGE. Enjoy!

One way or another, Either they will prove the detractors wrong, or my thread will become a lot more relevant.

As I said expectations are low, Clean streams until the top 6 and then all hell breaks loose.. is what I predict.. 

But for now REGIONAL Season is upon us. Happy DCI month everyone, the best time of the year,.

• Like 1

The activity would have a larger following if,,,, DVR or pay per view was available.

The ,,,,,,,,,,,better quality, reliable streams is a separate issue. But it is the or should be the easiest to correct. 

I can't understand why some without financial or personal reasons would come in and prop them up. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Moomitch said:

One thing I will add to this. I became a fan of DCI in the heyday of fan network around 2008-2009, while I was in high school. A big reason why I became a fan was getting fan network and going back and watching previous year's shows. I was able to catch up on some of the history of the activity in a relatively short amount of time and with great ease. 

That is to say that if we look at catering to the current fans, it would obviously be cost-prohibitive to pay for the rights. But it could also make for new lifelong fans if they were more available. 

DCi ignored the rules for years...lots of them...and had to cut a very large check to make amends for those abuses. the amount of fans that actually want those older offerings doesn't equal the cost of continuing to get licensing fees for that content....unless you're ok paying a whole lot more money.

People seem to think DCI is sitting on millions just rotting in the bank. They aren't. The main goal is to kick as much of what they make back out to the corps. The return on investment to paying all these extra fees for everything everyone wants is nowhere close to helping DCI or the corps financially. It's just not there. I'd love to see it. Thank God I got the older stuff hard copy, and made sure to get it to other places I can see it. But there aren't enough like me that want it to justify the cost.

10 minutes ago, E3D said:

The activity would have a larger following if,,,, DVR or pay per view was available.

The ,,,,,,,,,,,better quality, reliable streams is a separate issue. But it is the or should be the easiest to correct. 

I can't understand why some without financial or personal reasons would come in and prop them up. 

Right Either they are so jaded that they dont care or they are undercover FLO plants that are doing PR control to steer people away from Negative press.

Its been well documented that FLO hides negative comments on their social media.. 

😑🤨

[Trust no one] 😆

Edited by Glenn426
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Sure. But it's not the quality of the video coverage that is the primary subject of this thread.

It's the availability of video coverage. The Fan Network had just about every DCI show ever sold on video, plus multiple performances from the current year.

and because of that and not paying to do so, DCI could have been sued out of business and wrote a large check after negotiations to amend for past abuses.

The law is the law, and the amount of money you think DCI gets from this is nowhere close to what it would cost to go back to doing it that way. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BlueStainGlass said:

You keep quoting me like I'm against Flo

i didn't say you were. I am pointing out to you the issue now is the cost of licensing. Any way you want to distribute has costs. DCI does not have the reach of fans to cover the costs you and other seem to think they do. If they did, there would be national name advertisers, there would be some form of network tv and more.

• Like 1