Flo S#cks, For everyone. Period. Unless you are the only person watching.. Ever..

My setup is a Roku ($45 on Amazon) streaming stick running the Flomarching app for Roku, combined with Verizon FIOS high speed internet. The Roku is using the Wifi connection. I began watching the stream during The Colts performance, and watched the entire 3-4 hours flawlessly. No issues, at all, great experience for me. Thanks 😎

I watch Flo on my television using a Roku, and it's been excellent. We watched 7 hours of drum corps yesterday, and had a bandwidth issue once for about 5 seconds. Other than that, it was perfect. I've had similar good experiences earlier this season. 

Thanks for all of the info.  OK- oldie moldie here (I finally got the hang of my fax machine!!)  I may try the Roku- how does one get the Flomarching app for Roku?  We live high up in the Sierras here in California- we are on satellite which the company has assured me that it is a best speed connection available for satellite.  No cell phone service where we live also.

Reading all of these negative reports about Flo leads me to believe the path to a better experience could be to remove your own computer/laptop from the equation. Seems those who use Roku/ Fire Stick,  etc. have the best experience.  My Roku experience is always   outstanding, both audio and video. Last night was crystal clear. No buffering, no switching between High/Multi, and no error messages.

This is the only pattern I see after reading all these reports. To bypass your personal computer might be a better way. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Craig Callen said:

Thanks for all of the info.  OK- oldie moldie here (I finally got the hang of my fax machine!!)  I may try the Roku- how does one get the Flomarching app for Roku?  We live high up in the Sierras here in California- we are on satellite which the company has assured me that it is a best speed connection available for satellite.  No cell phone service where we live also.

As long as you get internet service to the home a Roku will work. The Flo app is available onscreen when you search for any of their available channels. Just click on the app you want, it will tell you the rest. But, it will need to authorize your Roku device. Pretty easy process.

8 minutes ago, Dr. Craig Callen said:

It's called FloSports.  

Search for it under Streaming Channels as shown in this video.

3 minutes ago, Fred Windish said:

As long as you get internet service to the home a Roku will work. The Flo app is available onscreen when you search for any of their available channels. Just click on the app you want, it will tell you the rest. But, it will need to authorize your Roku device. Pretty easy process.

It's actually a log in on the FloSports app/channel.  Unless they've changed it, I didn't get the 'enter this URL into your browser' to authorize that way.  I had to use the Left right up down to enter my password and username directly.  Ugh.  

pro-tip:  Get the Roku Channel App on your phone.  you can use the phone as a remote for the TV at that point and enter info using the phone keyboard instead of up down left right.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tedrick said:

I had poor video quality last night streaming from my laptop/hdmi to TV setup - almost like the stream was being compressed and the quality/resolution lowered --

did anyone else notice video quality problems from San Antone?

While my stream functioned except for 2 - 10 second pauses (and it would have to be in the middle of a song) my stream was OK but you can tell how compressed it must be. Looking at the bleacher seating on the back side of the field there is like fluctuating lines running horizontally with seating.

• Thanks 1