Flo S#cks, For everyone. Period. Unless you are the only person watching.. Ever..

2 hours ago, tedrick said:

I had poor video quality last night streaming from my laptop/hdmi to TV setup - almost like the stream was being compressed and the quality/resolution lowered --

did anyone else notice video quality problems from San Antone?

I also use computer (running Chrome) -> HDMI -> TV and it worked quite well last night. We had a brief stall during SCV's show, but it recovered in a couple of seconds. Otherwise the stream quality was good all evening.

• Like 1

I have to admit- last night the streaming quality compared to the last few years was- how do you say it- crappy.  At our end- Bluecoats looked like blue blobs on the field, until you got to extreme close-ups.

Interesting side-note.  We have a villa on the beach in Puerto Vallarta.  A few years ago we were down there during Drums Along the Rockies.  For some reason, we were able to get the stream of the show (probably before Tresona got ahold of everything.)  It was in the middle of a huge tropical rain storm.  Our internet dish was basically duct taped and bailing wire to a tree.  Perfect reception- no interruptions.  Video quality was great.  Up here in California- we have the best of everything for this area that we live in.  Video quality- ehhhhh.

Go figure.

3 minutes ago, ShortAndFast said:

I also use computer (running Chrome) -> HDMI -> TV and it worked quite well last night. We had a brief stall during SCV's show, but it recovered in a couple of seconds. Otherwise the stream quality was good all evening.

We had zero issues last night.  We use Roku and the flo sports app. 

6 hours ago, Tony Flores said:

I watched about 80% of the show yesterday on the Flosports Firestick/FireTV app... It was flawless. I very very highly recommend getting a firestick and using the app. If I had any issue with the app, it's the user experience, but that's a very minor inconvenience

tried once. sucked. went back to laptop midshow

I have to believe that the issues that people are complaining about might be more on the user end then on the Flo end. Flosports is one of the leading providers of live streaming services in the world y’all. Your streaming quality is highly impacted by the quality of your service provider. I think Flo does an amazing job.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/18/2019 at 3:17 PM, Glenn426 said:

Prioritize whats important,

• Good High quality streams that wont fail because of limited bandwidth.
  • Great Sound Quality, "In the stands" Sound that are exactly what an audience member would hear sitting in the stands.
  • Little to no shows that are not Live streamed, Guarantee all TOC level shows are Live.
  • DVR Functionality during the Live Performance time + 3hours.
  • Archives of shows, In-season that can be watched at any point.

Not Important

• In the lot access, Lothype, Youtube and other Independent media companies have this avenue covered, if you wanted to watch something in the lot you can probably watch it without having to watch through FLO.
  • Designer Interviews, Dan Potter and Marching Roundtable are doing an amazing job of this already and if given official access through DCI can cover all of the corps and news during the pre-season to satisfy the fans who crave BTS access.
  • Multicam run by an unexperienced person that is making poor decision on what to focus on and when.

Please do better DCI.

A couple of things:

If you look at the other recorded programming from Flo (other sports), some have sound, some don't (due to whatever music is playing in the background, I'm guessing).  I don't think it's as easy as us drum corps fans simply wanting it.

I would much rather the functionality you described above be pursued rather than the content teams who try to make drum corps, winter guard, and marching band sound like Battle Royales.  To your point, i'd rather see more shows and less commentary (which has lessened up, maybe they understood, which leads me to...)

Flo is doing a lot of things right.  They were a sports streaming network who ventured into pageantry.  Over the last 3-4 years, they have GREATLY improved their service.  I'm actually pleasantly surprised it's as good as it is.  

Priorities first.  I'd much rather DCI's legal team spend time ensuring policies are in place to protect the participants than making demands of a company (vendor?) who is streaming pageantry. DCI wants you in the stands, not sitting on your couch.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Newseditor44 said:

I have to believe that the issues that people are complaining about might be more on the user end then on the Flo end. Flosports is one of the leading providers of live streaming services in the world y’all. Your streaming quality is highly impacted by the quality of your service provider. I think Flo does an amazing job.

Dont agree with that... 

Live Streaming is Netflix, Hulu, Youtube TV. Flo is running an amateur hour compared to these services.. Flo's direct competitors for low interest sporting events are DAZN, ESPN +, Sling Tv, FUBO,  and I would say that those services dont suffer from Internal Hardware issues that FLO suffers from.

Both Youtube and Netflix can work on the back of a camel in the middle of the Sahara.. or a 3G Connection..

Flo needs to get a little bigger to get their hardware up to par to the top of this category. 

They are getting the video out there by Compressing the video into as small a file as possible, but they have limited bandwidth so the return is commonly very pixelated images that buffer and fluctuate resolution often.

MY Stream was better this weekend but only after I switched my VPN point to one with the smallest Ping.

I'd venture to say that most don't have this luxury to change their internet setting on command and most certainly don't enjoy 1 GB Internet speeds. So Flo needs to up their bandwidth so that even the guy on the back of a camel can enjoy the shows with at least an LTE connection.. 

Everyone that is enjoying good streams either have a very good internet set up, or are using the Flosports App.

Which leads me to believe that FLO are gearing their streaming services to the APP Users and are broadcasting their app feed to the Internet via FLomarching.com causing another buffer layer to go through for the Internet guys and upping the Internet speed requirements to have a stable stream.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Newseditor44 said:

Partially, yes. But I can point you to FC Cincinnati and DC United fans who absolutely hate the quality and the reliability, and they are possibly picking up a big contract for Div 2 american soccer (United Soccer League - USL). FLO uses Amazon Web Services, which an be very good when deployed properly. On the Flo end they need to be able to properly upload 720 to AWS, depends on the infrastructure at the stadium. It also depends on the users setup as well...additionally i noticed that the web browser works less reliably than the new FireTV app. So it is a shared responsibility, IMHO (disclaimer: i am a former cloud engineer)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Glenn426 said:

Dont agree with that... 

Live Streaming is Netflix, Hulu, Youtube TV. Flo is running an amateur hour compared to these services.. Flo's direct competitors for low interest sporting events are DAZN, ESPN +, Sling Tv, FUBO,  and I would say that those services dont suffer from Internal Hardware issues that FLO suffers from.

Both Youtube and Netflix can work on the back of a camel in the middle of the Sahara.. or a 3G Connection..

Flo needs to get a little bigger to get their hardware up to par to the top of this category. 

They are getting the video out there by Compressing the video into as small a file as possible, but they have limited bandwidth so the return is commonly very pixelated images that buffer and fluctuate resolution often.

MY Stream was better this weekend but only after I switched my VPN point to one with the smallest Ping.

I'd venture to say that most don't have this luxury to change their internet setting on command and most certainly don't enjoy 1 GB Internet speeds. So Flo needs to up their bandwidth so that even the guy on the back of a camel can enjoy the shows with at least an LTE connection.. 

Everyone that is enjoying good streams either have a very good internet set up, or are using the Flosports App.

Which leads me to believe that FLO are gearing their streaming services to the APP Users and are broadcasting their app feed to the Internet via FLomarching.com causing another buffer layer to go through for the Internet guys and upping the Internet speed requirements to have a stable stream.

everything about this is so incorrect, i don't have the time to disprove this drivel. 🤦‍♂️

• Like 2